Dateless buffalos

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Does anyone know if there is a MARKET for dateless buffs?, i.e.jewelry cuff links, tie bars. I have several hundred cumulated over the many years of saving, just hate to get rid of them at face value. Could always use "Nick-a-date" acid to show the date, but also ruins the coin for collection purposes (unless used only as a date filler in folder).

coinsareawesome

Bronze Member
Apr 6, 2013
Mid-Atlantic Region
Detector(s) used
Ace-250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know you all are going to kill me for this, but truthfully I think if you are looking to make money, I would use the "Nick-a-date." If you get a rarer date that you would have given away for face value, you could sell it for a few bucks. Or, you could mount it on a bezel and sell it as jewelry. That would attract a larger market than "Nick-a-date" nickels.

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Put an ad on craigslist and sell them for whatever amount you think is fair. If nobody is interested then lower the price and repeat.

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cut them out with a jewelers saw....

il_570xN.172520547.jpg il_340x270.650537824_fv6n.jpg

and of course...

oit99g.jpg

Last edited:

ajaj

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2012
Orange, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Minelab eTrac
Minelab Excalibur 8"
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I shove them on eBay about once per year, and move on. Sounds cold, but there you go. Some people use them for projects, crafts, hobo nickels, etc.

aj

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
SeekerGH: those are some very NICE necklace pendants. I believe the flying eagle is from a SLQ, correct? Nice & thanks all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread