Souvenir Coins

Scottrocks

Greenie
Mar 22, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am starting this thread to talk about souvenir coins. Specifically the coins that came out of slot machines at various amusement parks etc.

The coins came from Hoffman Mint. The slot machines were one arm bandit machines that gave you a coin regardless of what combination came up.

I have been around the country and have a total of 7 of these coins. They are either brass or tin. The last one I got was in 2003 at Wall Drug in South Dakota.

The ones I have are:
Dells Boat Trip, Wisconsin Dells WI
River View Track and Water World Wisconsin Dells WI this park is defunct
Parson's Trading Post Wisconsin Dells WI
Meramec Caverns Stanton MO
Boothill, Dodge City, KS
Badlands National Park/Wall Drug, Wall SD
Giant T-Rex Wall Drug Back Yard, Wall SD

I used to have one from the Gatlinburg TN Space Needle but can not find it now.

Any information any of you have on locations of other machines or coins from places that no longer exist I would be interested in.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look in tokencatalog.com. You'll probably see a whole bunch of them in there.

Tokentreker

May 31, 2016
Leavenworth, KS
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think we have found one of the coins/tokens you are talking about. An exact pic of ous is found on this link; http://tokencatalog.com/display_rec...ingAnyWord=&HomePageSearch=&view=All+Listings

I guess what we have found is made of Tin, as it is shiny silver, 28mm diameter. Although it seems too heavy for Tin, feels more like the weight of a half dollar.
In any case if you are interested please let us know.
Sincerely, Victor & April
P.S. Printed words on the coin/token are; WALL DRUG wall south Dakota (one side) GIANT T-REX WALL DRUG BACK YARD w/image of t-rex dinosaur.(other side).

Last edited:

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
There are essentially no post-Civil War tokens made of tin. Aluminum was popular for tokens after the Bayer Process was perfected.
John in the Great 208

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread