Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice find. Can you tell us any more about it. Did you find it with a metal detector? What state?

Congrats on the Morgan!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
post Moved to Coins was not a Today's Finds post.

also does not say if found with a Detector .

Eyballs at a Coin Shop,

Or Ebay search :dontknow:

my Warning has been there over 2 Years
This is "TODAYS FINDS" not todays posts

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
post Moved to Coins was not a Today's Finds post.

also does not say if found with a Detector .

Eyballs at a Coin Shop,

Or Ebay search :dontknow:

my Warning has been there over 2 Years
This is "TODAYS FINDS" not todays posts
The man never even replied so how do you know whether it was a detecting find or not? I've seen shinier coins posted claiming the same. I think you jumped the gun and were just assuming here. I've seen plenty of threads that aren't found with a detector. Not to mention the "what's it's" that get posted there. This is a treasure hunting site not just a metal detecting site. Where in the rules does it state that threads started in Today's Finds have to be strictly metal detector finds? I understand where your coming from and if it's a written rule then fine, if it isn't then maybe one should be written before you post stickies at the top of the "Today's Finds" page. Not to mention the man is dying.

Last edited by a moderator:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The man never even replied so how do you know whether it was a detecting find or not? I've seen shinier coins posted claiming the same. I think you jumped the gun and were just assuming here. I've seen plenty of threads that aren't found with a detector. Not to mention the "what's it's" that get posted there. This is a treasure hunting site not just a metal detecting site. Where in the rules does it state that threads started in Today's Finds have to be strictly metal detector finds? I understand where your coming from and if it's a written rule then fine, if it isn't then maybe one should be written before you post stickies at the top of the "Today's Finds" page. Not to mention the man is dying.

again :( My Warning has been there over 2 Years ! :BangHead:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/403755-todays-finds-not-todays-posts.html

it has nothing to do with the type of Find it has to do with Timing.

" Today's Finds " is for finds made the day you post them.

Not for your Old Finds !

if you read his title & click this Link,

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/403755-todays-finds-not-todays-posts.html

You should know I Didn't "Jump the Gun"

Just following what I promised.

also If he found the Coin on Ebay or a coin Shop, it is not what Today's finds is for.

in some cases, Where something is found, & how, Does matter for today's finds.
and as moderators we reserve the right to decide.

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
again :( My Warning has been there over 2 Years ! :BangHead:

it has nothing to do with the type of Find it has to do with Timing.

" Today's Finds " is for finds made the day you post them.

Not for your Old Finds !

if you read his title & click this Link,

You should know I Didn't "Jump the Gun"

Just following what I promised.

also If he found the Coin on Ebay or a coin Shop, it is not what Today's finds is for.

in some cases, Where something is found, & how, Does matter for today's finds.
and as moderators we reserve the right to decide.
Whatever. I still think you overreacted. I know this is a trivial matter and the Morgan may not have been a detector find seeing as how his main thing is bottle digging, but he has posted metal detecting finds before and I like to nit pick sometimes.

Your own words state in your sticky thread..."it is understandable we do not have a Yesterdays finds or last hunts finds section so it is OK to post your "finds" from the last time you were out."

He states... "My first silver this year 1896 O mint!" with the thread titled... "Found this couple week's ago!"

I guess this is where the "as moderators we reserve the right to decide" comes into play?

In this particular case, being that he is a long time member of this forum, I would have given him the benefit of the doubt myself until he answered his own thread or maybe sent him a pm to inquire about the where and how of this coin, if I was concerned about it. That's all.

I doubt everyone goes metal detecting or "treasure hunting" everyday. Many on here are probably weekend warriors. I'd venture to say some of us don't get out but maybe once a month though, if we're lucky.

I've said my peace, I'm done. :)

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Jeff. If you found it detecting, use that forum. If coin roll hunting, there's a forum for that. Today's finds is not a place for something found 2 weeks ago. But that's just my opinion.

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What if you found it two weeks ago, and that was your last time you were out detecting and you were in and out of doctors visits since then and unable to get a picture and a post up here? Would it still not count as Today's finds? Just curious.....

ajaj

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2012
Orange, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Minelab eTrac
Minelab Excalibur 8"
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Communication goes a long way. In my opinion, if the OP had put a more information in the post (e.g., found this coin metal detecting/bottle digging, couldn't post immediately because of...), then it might have remained in Today's Finds. One area in NY where I detect is "off-the-grid" so, when I find stuff there on a weekend, I can't post until the Sunday night when I return back to civilization. I mention this in my posts.

Treasurenet has been around a long time, and I believe it will remain here a long time, because of the tireless efforts of the moderators.

aj

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Communication goes a long way. In my opinion, if the OP had put a more information in the post (e.g., found this coin metal detecting/bottle digging, couldn't post immediately because of...), then it might have remained in Today's Finds. One area in NY where I detect is "off-the-grid" so, when I find stuff there on a weekend, I can't post until the Sunday night when I return back to civilization. I mention this in my posts.

Treasurenet has been around a long time, and I believe it will remain here a long time, because of the tireless efforts of the moderators.

aj
I've stated my peace about the original post.

The mods do a thankless and unrewarding job. Their efforts are under appreciated and they do a good job of trying to keep everyone in check. However, Treasurenet is mainly successful because of the diversity of the site and it's members. You can't have a team without any players. It's not just a "metal detecting" site as many believe. Treasure and treasure hunting takes many forms. Though I do detect occasionally, I find many more "treasures" without a metal detector than I do with one, I can tell you that.

ajaj

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2012
Orange, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Minelab eTrac
Minelab Excalibur 8"
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well said!

aj

I've stated my peace about the original post.

The mods do a thankless and unrewarding job. Their efforts are under appreciated and they do a good job of trying to keep everyone in check. However, Treasurenet is mainly successful because of the diversity of the site and it's members. You can't have a team without any players. It's not just a "metal detecting" site as many believe. Treasure and treasure hunting takes many forms. Though I do detect occasionally, I find many more "treasures" without a metal detector than I do with one, I can tell you that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread