Ia this a Cobb?

S

stefen

First off, welcome to TN...

Most Early cobs are hammered and are not round, but odd-shaped. This is not my forte, however there are any number of people and collectors of Spanish/Mexican coinage that will provide an in-depth identification.

Having said that, in my opinion, its prudent to authenticated prior to purchase. There are so many copies being circulated, and the price ranges vary.

Last edited:
OP
OP
911JB

911JB

Apr 10, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First off, welcome to TN...

Most Early cobs are hammered and are not round, but odd-shaped. This is not my forte, however there are any number of people and collectors of Spanish/Mexican coinage that will provide an in-depth identification.

Having said that, in my opinion, its prudent to authenticated prior to purchase. There are so many copies being circulated, and the price ranges vary.

When I said purchased I meant that it came in a lot of coins that we purchased. Since we knew nothing about this coin, or the other shipwreck recovery coin we didn't add any value to them. Lets just say that we bought the entire lot for a song and a dance.

OP
OP
911JB

911JB

Apr 10, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I mentioned the other coins that came in this lot I thought I would post a few pics.

Shipwreck recovery

The lot.

Misc coins

There are several of these

That's just a few of the coins. There are a couple little baggies with smaller gold coins as well. You will have to take a good look at the lot pic to see what is all in there.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Now I see why you paid a song AND a dance!! :laughing9: Nice set of coins! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions