Coin ID help needed

paul75

Apr 9, 2016
DURHAM GB
Detector(s) used
ebinger ebex pi, nokta fors core.CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi can anyone help me to ID this coin it's so thin and not perfectly round. I think it's made of bronze. I live in England and was out today I found some queen Victoria coins from the 1800s then I found this? Any help appreciated. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

jan nielsen

Dec 3, 2014
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello Paul, can you try to take some new pictures withllight shining in from the side, that brings out the contour a little better?

OP
OP
P

paul75

Apr 9, 2016
DURHAM GB
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Appears to either French or from Luxembourg, possibly 1780s or 1790s.

Hi Wonderbread,Thats great but How can you tell i cant see anything on it! is there anything distinctive about the coin? just for future reference. Thank you

coinsareawesome

Bronze Member
Apr 6, 2013
Mid-Atlantic Region
Detector(s) used
Ace-250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the first and second pictures there appears to be a shield with a crown on top of it, which is typical of the French and Luxembourg coins of that era.

OP
OP
P

paul75

Apr 9, 2016
DURHAM GB
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On the first and second pictures there appears to be a shield with a crown on top of it, which is typical of the French and Luxembourg coins of that era.
Thank you so much for your time Wonderbread,Thats great i can put my mind at rest now

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Almost certain a Georgian penny, that's just how they come out the ground over here.

SS

OP
OP
P

paul75

Apr 9, 2016
DURHAM GB
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi SS, I was thinking that myself but its an old site thats never been done before. you just never know whats going to pop out. thanks anyway.
Almost certain a Georgian penny, that's just how they come out the ground over here.

SS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread