1999 Wam

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post the pictures first...that way people can give an accurate appraisal. Its really hard to appraise something when you can't see it.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The cost of coin certification is the same regardless of the coins condition. A single coin cert is usually more expensive than if you send in several coins at once. Cost will depend on which company you use and how many coins you send them.

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post the pictures first...that way people can give an accurate appraisal. Its really hard to appraise something when you can't see it.

I'll certainly do that in a day or two.

Have to hook up my computer digital microscope and, well,
I'm kinda slow with computer stuff.

Hope you are well, Friend!

Best Wishes,

Scott

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The cost of coin certification is the same regardless of the coins condition. A single coin cert is usually more expensive than if you send in several coins at once. Cost will depend on which company you use and how many coins you send them.

That much I do understand. I mentioned the grade as a thought of what the grading would certify it as and, therefore the higher value. Perhaps justifying the cost of the service. Saavy, Friend?

Perhaps I've "overthought" this process, but if I can find a Member who could help me send coins in for certification, they and I could make some money.

I have many coins that are raw.....

Also currency.

Always my Best Wishes,

Scott

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1-IM004534.JPG 1-IM004537.JPG

Best,

Scott

Last edited:
OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need to sell it before my truck quits completely. Soon.

I'm sure that I can get more for it slabbed than raw.

How much to get it slabbed?
Does one company's certification bring more than other outfits?

Any help is appreciated as I'm a newbie in the slabbing process.

Best Wishes Always,

Scott

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also have a "strap" of 50 sequential serial number 1963 red seal $2 bills.
EXTRA CRISPY!

(They STILL got "the smell" if you know what I mean...:thumbsup:)

Yeah, I need to sell them, too...

1-IM002572.JPG

Best,

Scott

Last edited:

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$15 each but 50 in sequence should add a bit as a group. check what raw and graded '99 WAM is selling at on EBAY then decide if you want to wait to get it back from slabbing
I also have a "strap" of 50 sequential serial number 1963 red seal $2 bills.
EXTRA CRISPY!

(They STILL got "the smell" if you know what I mean...:thumbsup:)

Yeah, I need to sell them, too...

View attachment 1322833

Best,

Scott

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$15 each but 50 in sequence should add a bit as a group. check what raw and graded '99 WAM is selling at on EBAY then decide if you want to wait to get it back from slabbing

Yep.

At $15 each that's $750.

I'd make a quick sale for a grand today.
Dig?

Best,

Scott

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Had to look up WAM coin just so I could understand what the heck ya'll were tlaking about!

So now, how rare are they?

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had to look up WAM coin just so I could understand what the heck ya'll were tlaking about!

So now, how rare are they?

What is a WAM coin - Coin Community Forum

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/coin-roll-hunting/308850-my-first-wam-cent.html

I have several examples of the 1998 and 2000 WAMs, having searched tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of Lincoln cents....

Coin roll hunting on steroids.

My landlord worked at a bank. He would bring me bags of 5000 loose Lincolns at a time.....

Ah!

I miss those days!

I still pull copper (pre '82)
I have rolls by date and mint mark, if you're interested....

Best,

Scott

Last edited:

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 1999 is the most difficult to find. I've found 3 in 16 years.

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And?

Did you sell them? How much?

Tell me more!

Best,

Scott

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Scott. Followed your links - now have more than a dozen Info-Articles saved to HDD!

Never realized there were still so many errors being released - ESPECIALLY with my home-state MN quarter!

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Scott. Followed your links - now have more than a dozen Info-Articles saved to HDD!

Never realized there were still so many errors being released - ESPECIALLY with my home-state MN quarter!

Friend,

Here's another interesting site for Lincoln errors.

http://www.lincolncentresource.com/Errors/Lincoln_Cent_Errors.html

This site alerted my knowledge further and I found a 1972-P Double Die error. Coneca 3-0-I.
And a few other nice cents. :thumbsup:

Hope you have been well.

Best Wishes,

Scott

Minnesota "extra tree" error? Yeah, Got one. You need an Alaska "extra claw" error?

ArtLargImg6022.jpg

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you for the link! :thumbsup: I'll check it out more thoroughly after my data resets at the end of the month.

Thanks for the offer of the extra claw, but I have no room for any more collectibles - including coins. Have been trying to get into looking for errors as a means of making a small bit of $ whilst sitting on my tush all the time. :laughing7: Just read a post about having to have a coin certified. If you can show detailed photos of the actual coin, wouldn't there still be a market out there? (...yes, I really am that naive!) :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread