Silver bullion storage

maxgold84

Tenderfoot
Jul 7, 2013
Hello,
I have been stacking silver bullion for some time now. I am now at the point where I have so many silver Eagles in flips that I would like to put them in tubes of 20. I am just concerned that the coins running together or moving around and "clanking" against each other will damage the coins. Is this a legitimate concern or is storing in tubes completely safe?

natstate9

May 27, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently opened up some tube eagles and several were tarnished. Not sure if tube is enough to keep them pure. May also need cloth wrapping

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
In my opinion, something I could see working very well would be to first pad between the coins with some sort of non-acidic padding, then vacuum-seal them as though it was meat. The tight plastic would prevent excess movement of the coins, keep air away from the metal, and keep the coins in a nice little bundle.

scan.jpg

scan0001.jpg

scan0001.jpg

Attachments

• scan.jpg
    scan.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 102

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
ACK! Seems I can't get the pics to work right for me today - operator error, I'm sure! :tongue3:

scan0002.jpg

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're keeping them as uncirculated or proof collector coins, store each coin in their own holder. If it's just bullion, put them in tubes and don't worry about them.

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could put each coin in an air-tite. They also make tubes where you can put 20 air-tites in a tube.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All mine are sitting in tubes. They don't move unless we're going to evacuate for a hurricane. They just sit there and do nothing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread