2000 p&d shakagewea coins, help?

Twospirits1home

Tenderfoot
May 15, 2016
Joshua, texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been interested in coins for a few months now, I've done research on these and I understand that they have some experimental coins that they messed around with to stop the future production of the dollar coins from tarnishing. I have a 2000d one and a 2000 p one. The 2000 d one is more of a golden color and the 2000 p one has more of a copper brown color. I thought I would get yalls opinion on what y'all might think? It would be much appreciated.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Also on the 2000 p one the baby looks like he is drooling and shakageweas mouth looks a lil open, and on the 2000 d one maybe a wounded eagle?

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
It's nothing the Brighter coin has been used less, handled less. Retains more of its original luster and color. The brown one is more used, hit more hands, has more oil from those hands and has toned down. Nothing to see here.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's nothing the Brighter coin has been used less, handled less. Retains more of its original luster and color. The brown one is more used, hit more hands, has more oil from those hands and has toned down. Nothing to see here.

What he said!

coinguy*matthew

Mar 30, 2013
N.H.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its not an experimental rinse coin because it would be brown almost like a Lincoln cent. The 2000-D is not a wounded eagle im afraid but keep looking i have seen them found by people just like you.:headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread