Need help with a 1909-s Indian

ethanfez

Jun 15, 2013
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So this coin (and some silver) I am going to be trading a gold bracelet for. I just want to get some other people's thoughts on how it looks. It is a solid coin but I'm just wondering if it is too nice. The dude has a nice high end collection full of a lot of high grade coins and paper money. I'm just always worried about 1909-s and stuff like this. I have seen scary good fakes.
So yeah just leave your thoughts on the coin in the comments please :)
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1466653774.046256.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1466653795.578772.jpg

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honestly, that coin just doesn't look right to me. There's no way José I would buy or trade for that coin without it being authenticated first. Too much of a risk.

OP
OP
ethanfez

ethanfez

Jun 15, 2013
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honestly, that coin just doesn't look right to me. There's no way José I would buy or trade for that coin without it being authenticated first. Too much of a risk.

If I do end up trading I'll do all my checks first and get a a picture of his drivers license (same thing they do in coin shops when you sell now a days). My checks include weight, size, look, and pretty much if it just seems to be right or wrong(my father who will be with me is a bit of an Indian expert). If I do trade I'll just drop it off at ANACS that day (I live close by) and get it graded. If it comes back fake someone will have to pay up.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I say have the guy go with you to ANACS and present it together. If its legit you pay the fee, if it's a fake then he pays. Good luck, it is a very nice coin though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread