A little help please?

1shotwade

May 29, 2014
southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
white 4900/d
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi y'all! I've been somewhat layed up for a while and have surgery next week so it will continue.I've been searching coins over the enternet. I'm not real good with a computer either.

I was hoping someone could give me a web site where you can find all the pertinent info on coins etc. What I have found thus far is "coinflation.com" . I seem to have a really hard time verifying gold/silver content and greade/proof.
Is there a site out there that has this into available and doesn't take an expert to understand it?

Thanks y'all,
Wade

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
It would help if you can provide greater focus to your question. Are you referring to US coins only or in combination with some other countries? Are you seeking information on coins that you have in your possession and need assistance in their proper attribution?
Once you have focused on what you want, there are endless sites that can assist you--and they don't require a expert to understand.
Don......

OP
OP

1shotwade

May 29, 2014
southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
white 4900/d
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would help if you can provide greater focus to your question. Are you referring to US coins only or in combination with some other countries? Are you seeking information on coins that you have in your possession and need assistance in their proper attribution?
Once you have focused on what you want, there are endless sites that can assist you--and they don't require a expert to understand.
Don......

Hey! Thanks for getting back with me Don. Sorry if I wasn't in depth enough with my request. I'm talking mainly about US coins. I will be confined for a while so the internet is my entertainement for that time so I want to learn and make some purchases of coins,proof and mint sets and possibly bullion. I'm also looking at comemertives. I may be spreading myself a bit thin but I'm just trying to occupy down time.

I'm open to any suggestions you may have also.

Thanks,
Wade

OP
OP

1shotwade

May 29, 2014
southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
white 4900/d
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right now I'm seeing all these gold coin that say calif fractions and tokens and all but no one has composition,weight or purity info. All I can say now is it looks fishy if the info isn't available,especially from the seller.Is there somewhere that would have that info?
Thanks,
Wade

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you see a coin use Google. Do a search and it should tell you everything about that coin. The internet is a wonderful thing! As for sites with values, anything you see is either an average of sales or a opinion. Any coin is only worth what someone will pay for it. Like was said, just get someone to go to the bookstore and get you a Redbook.

OP
OP

1shotwade

May 29, 2014
southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
white 4900/d
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info y'all! I appreciate the efforts you went to. Now I have plenty to keep me occupied!
Wade

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions