Off center star note

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wanted to see if there is any opinions on what this might be worth. I know is probably in the worst grade for paper currency... Pretty well circulated, folded, ect.

It's a 2006. Found in change back. Thanks

image.jpg image.jpg

coinguy*matthew

Mar 30, 2013
N.H.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heres what standard guide to small currency has on the particular note if you can make sense of it. Im not great with paper money but if im correct it was originally a sheet note? Im basing that assessment on the low serial number?

Desktop Capture-07-23-2016 21-28-56-482.jpg

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think it's offset enough to garner any premium. Usually it needs to have part of the field cut off and and equal part of another bill in the opposite margin. Naturally, the more dramatic the miscut, the better.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree that it is not off-center enough to garner any premium! However, being a Star Note with a low Serial Number, it has a premium quite a bit above a normal Note of the same Date, Series and Denomination printed at the same Treasury Facility. I would advise and if possible, to very carefully address the stain on the left bottom of the Reverse, once done and if the Note/Bill need to dry, let it do so. Once dry, place the Note/Bill in between the pages of a large, heavy book at least half the way through the pages (i.e. 500 page book, then place the Note/Bill around 250, 300 or 350) and leave it there for several months or more, making sure it is not disturbed, will not get wet and will not get damaged or the book sold or trashed. When you take the Note/Bill out of the book and are satisfied that it is as flat as possible as it is going to get, then place it in a Currency Protector, then do with it as you want (i.e. sell it or store it away).

Frank

OP
OP
Zomotion

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for all the info! Learned a lot from your responses... I thought the bill was very off center, but actually it's not at all. Huntsman, I'll try your advice and see how it turns out!

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
STAR NOTES thread ????
Now that we are on the subject of Star Notes, is there a separate TN thread that is solely about STARS & Paper currency?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread