Environmental effect (fire) on gold coins

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another thread on TNET wandered on a gold coin find and the way the coin looked. There was much dialog with posters thinking that the coin had the effects of being in a fire. I am not sure about this, and I really cannot believe there are that many examples of gold coins being in a fire.
That being said, it would be interesting for posters to provide images of the effect of fire on a gold coin.

If anyone want to send me samples of gold coins to test, I would be more than happy to provide very scientific results!

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There no good!! They will need to be Un-fired....It's a very complicated process! Took me years of research and practice to get it right! Just send all you have to me! There is about a 50% loss in the process though!! But it will be great for you since you will then at least have recovered half!! Still better than nothing! Right?

:laughing7:

I don't ever remember actually seeing a burnt gold coin....I've seen silver and clad that I remember and may even have some somewhere that were in a house fire. So, I'm really no help on the Gold!:laughing7: And no! You can't practice on the few I have left!:laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, its a win win for pure research.

I supply the house (which my ex lives in) and you supply the coins.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can I just send you my future X and keep the coins?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I want to see what a gold coin looks like after being in a fire, I'll hit mine with a torch! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions