Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'70 doubled date is the one with a scratch to right of the zero. my blade did that cutting coin from a glued 2X2
I'm assuming the fifth coin down on the left is the doubled die. I see absolutely no doubling on the coin. As for the greaser with one dot missing, that's not enough detail to give it any value.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I assume there is no dispute on the die crack '72, the floating roof is in-disputable at 25X mag., the 64-D missing dot is a depression, as in filled die, the '70 doubled date is clear at 25X. best photos I can get with the 16MP digital. a few more errors to be presented on 8/17--a clad half with reeding on the face, a nickel "D" MM "variety?". the half will GUARANTEE create a bunch of opinions----just believe your lyin' eyes!!

Nope, no dispute on the Die Crack '72 and the floating roof on the Reverse of the '70-S is indisputable. However, while they are collectible and have some value, neither have a lot of value above face value. I can't tell much about '70 Double Date, so can't be sure as to the cause. It could be a simple matter of Die Chatter (a quick hit again on the planchet after being struck by the Die due to a burp in the hydraulics of the Minting Press which is usually caused by air trapped in the system) but since I can't see what you see, I have no way of knowing the exact cause.

I am sorry if I and others have been hard with our assessment of the coins you showed but I tell it as I see them and I don't have lying eyes! Most of all, I do my best to give my best assessment and honest opinion about a coin or multiple coins and never lie about anyone's coin or coins. I do however make mistakes as I am only human and not like my childhood hero at the video below.:icon_biggrin:

Frank

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Mighty Mouse? ...Seriously?!?!? :laughing7:

My personal 'hero' was the Pink Panther! :laughing9: