Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is amazing how long I've been frequenting the CRH thread without visiting this thread a single time.

Anyway, I thought that this would be an appropriate place to post this video that I've been working on. I am starting this series called "The Search for Silver" where I am going to be building up my silver stack and various coin collections through coin roll hunting and coin purchases. I am doing it this way because I am more than just a silver stacker; I am also interested in filling up coin collections and enjoying the thrill of the hunt. So give this a watch if you're interested and I'll continue to put out episodes.

Thanks for watching!
- Ryan

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
ive commented about my fathers and my coin collection on another thread and was ready to inventor it and sell it until I got involved with inventorying it and counting it all up! Lots of good memories here with these coins and now going thought them it has become more than JUST counting and inventorying them .My father and I started out setting up 4 sets of everything for the 4 children (my brothers and sister) and when he passed my oldest brother handled the estate and I ended up with it. Now Im going through the sacks of spare coins and filling in the books as I go. Maybe I also got back into collecting coins???? Silver is down right now anyway!! Ill be at this all Winter !!!Thanks for your video

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
russau: I know the feeling. It's a little different if it was someone else's collection, or CRH coins that you may have gathered over time by yourself. But when it involves coins that your father & you collected, traded for, coin shows, folders, brings on a whole new feeling about the collection as a memory rather than just coins. Once you part with those coins you will also be parting the cherished past with your father. Keep them if at all possible, pass them on to your kids, and eventually the grandkids. I'm creating Lincoln folders for my 12-grandkids, and it feels good that at least they will inherit something from grampa.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Dozer I agree about saveing the collection BUT Ive got 8 grown children , 19 Grandchildren ,and 4 great grandchildren. splitting this collection between them sounds like a argument brewing!:dontknow: Right now , Im enjoying going through this collection and memories of my father and I as we got together each night with our pocket change.......................You just cant put a $$ amount on memories!

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
russau,
I agree with you 100%. As a family, my mom, dad and brother began putting together a collection in the 50s .As each coin was inserted into the "Blue Book", the finder of that coin would write over each coin either 'Mom', 'Dad', 'Don' or 'Bill' . My parent have now passed and my brother has no further interest; but selling the coins now and leaving only the written names above where those coins have been for over 60 years--I just cant (and wont) do it--too many great memories are in each of these Blue Books.
Don......

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Mackaydon: words well put. Can buy memories.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions