Recent trip to BRNA Coin Show in Dalton, GA. & visit with Bill Fivaz and Larry Briggs

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Recent trip to BRNA Coin Show in Dalton, GA. & visit with Bill Fivaz and Larry Briggs

Myself and a friend (Tom) traveled to the BRNA (Blue Ridge Numismatic Association) Coin Show in Dalton, Georgia last Friday (08/26/16) and had a good time meeting with Bill Fivaz of the Cherrypicker's Guide to Rare Die Varieties fame and Seated Liberty & Bust Liberty coinage Expert, Larry Briggs. While Tom spent most of his time shopping for rolls of Uncirculated Silver Eagles and Uncirculated Gold Eagle and Double Eagle Bullion Coins, I sold some coins and Gold Rings to one Dealer, then spent some time talking with Bill Fivaz and Larry Briiggs, both who I have known since about 1997. We discussed a new sub-Variety of the 1963-P "Type B Proof Reverse" Washington Quarter Variety and a few other coins and I even sold Larry a few Variety and Error coins which included most of my' Gem BU "Type B Proof Reverse" Washington Quarters. It was a great visit overall and I gained some new respect for Bill Fivaz as he has become more laid back in searching for Variety and Error coins and we actually got to spend some quality time talking.

For those folks that may be interested in collecting coins and especially rare coins or Variety and Error coins, I have posted links below to Larry Briggs Rare Coins website and to a Youtube video to an interview with Bill Fivaz where he offers some great advice to coin collectors and those just starting out. I hope that these may be of help to coin collectors and especially those that are just getting into the hobby!

Frank

Larry Briggs Rare Coins

Last edited:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I could have made it up there! So close too!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread