cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Am I missing something here? There must be some deleted responses or this conversation just went completely over my head! :icon_scratch:

Yep! The offending post that had a link to eBay was deleted. Don't you sometimes wish that the Moderators would send all TNET members a copy of a post that violates TNET's rules when they delete them??!! I know they are not allowed but it sure would cut down on the questions and head scratching! Besides, some posts in reply to the offending posts are left up and not edited to remove any reference to the offending posts, which makes everyone more apt to ask questions and scratch their' heads.:icon_scratch::BangHead:

Frank

Last edited:
OP
OP
gunner45

gunner45

May 12, 2012
Bedford PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
It really didn't bother me and I wasn't offended over him linking my eBay account, it is public info and I wasn't using Tnet as advertisement.
Anyway, huntsman53 I really appreciate your input along with others and I did send an email to Mike like you said. He doesn't believe it's a re punched date but very strong clashing.
Thanks again
Dustin

Last edited:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Anyway, huntsman53 I really appreciate your input along with others and I did send an email to Mike like you said. He doesn't believe it's a re punched date but very strong clashing.
Thanks again
Dustin

Dustin,

Now, I could be wrong but I see something totally different and I have to disagree with Mike! For there to be strong clashing in the area of the "6" and "5" of the Date, it would have to be Counter-Die Clashing and the Dies would have had to been slight rotated for this to happen and show on the coin. I truly believe that it is a Re-Punched Date and again, I could be wrong. Can you take some close-up pics of the Date and email them to me at [email protected]? If you have a good clear magnifying glass or Gem Loupe that could aid your' phones camera lens, it might help with very close-up and in-focus pics of the Date digits.

Thanks!

Frank

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
To all chemical experts! Is there a way or method to REVERSE the appearance of the coin being cleaned?, with chemicals?
Sure would be nice to see this coin back to its original color. Great find none the less.

Not really. You can put it in an environment to encourage toning, but that's more likely to turn black than anything more pleasant.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread