Grade / Value help! Large Cents - 1803, 1838

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Looking for some opinions on a couple of coins I picked up this week. Grabbed a lot that I'm fairly certain I overpaid for. In it were two large cents I'd like to get some thoughts on as far as grade and/or value. I know this is very difficult via a photo but I don't collect large cents so this is way outside my area of expertise. I just took pictures of the front but the reverses are in basically the same condition as the obverse. Any thoughts are appreciated, my feelings won't get hurt. I don't want to bias the discussion too much so I'll let you guys how much I (over) paid after a few folks chime in. Thanks in advance for the help.

Twitch

Attachments

• IMG_3344.JPG
    IMG_3344.JPG
    670.3 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_3341.JPG
    IMG_3341.JPG
    570.3 KB · Views: 80

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could you take a pic of the reverse so we can tell if it has a large or small fraction? It appears to be a small date, but better pic of the "one" in the date would help also.

OP
OP
Twitch

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Could you take a pic of the reverse so we can tell if it has a large or small fraction? It appears to be a small date, but better pic of the "one" in the date would help also.

Enamel - I'll take te additional photo's when I get home tonight. Thanks.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PCGSphotograde is good for grading. please shoot all pics in natural daylight & no shadows using white background

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread