How to remove stain from a silver quarter

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Try a little of DAWN liquid soap (I find the Green is best) in a Rx bottle, hot water, shake well (few times during day), for 2-3 days, rinse well with hot water, tap dry with soft towel or napkin. I do all my silver dimes I find, takes off a lot of the oily film & stains off coin on most coins. Try it if you can. Just trying to help, DozerD, HH

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Try a little of DAWN liquid soap (I find the Green is best) in a Rx bottle, hot water, shake well (few times during day), for 2-3 days, rinse well with hot water, tap dry with soft towel or napkin. I do all my silver dimes I find, takes off a lot of the oily film & stains off coin on most coins. Try it if you can. Just trying to help, DozerD, HH

I have not tried this method on Uncirculated Silver coins and it might just help by removing grease residue from fingerprints and other sources which can hinder the removal of stains! I have used the method on other Silver and Copper coins and have found that it sometimes will leave a Bluish to sometimes Purplish tint on coins. It is even worse when you use some brands of hand soap.

Frank

Last edited:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
# 1. Big mistake, the coins is now almost worthless. The unc 1937 silver quarter was worth a lot of money, before cleaning, very little value now. As I stated before, only clean with dish soap in warm water, then clean with a soft clean cloth. Shame on you. Good hunting and good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread