Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure if my photo will give a proper indication of the doubling.........found while searching Lincoln's I've purchased from a couple who have been saving them since they were married in 1974.

1972 DDO.jpg

There is strong doubling "IN GOD WE TRUST". Light doubling on the "L" in Liberty. No discernible doubling on the date. I'm using a 6x magnifier for detailed inspection.
Could someone give me an indication of the variety (since there are several), possible grade and value. Thank you.

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too blurry to tell anything for sure.

Yeah, I took about 10 pics with my phone.........couldn't get anything better.............

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Try holding the 6x Loupe/Magnifier lens up against the front of the phone's camera lens when taking the pics. That should enable nice closeup pics. Make sure to take the coin out of the protective holder to take the pics.

Frank

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try holding the 6x Loupe/Magnifier lens up against the front of the phone's camera lens when taking the pics. That should enable nice closeup pics. Make sure to take the coin out of the protective holder to take the pics.

Frank

LOL........Spent the last hour doing just that, Frank! Hope these will help........

1972 DDO 2.jpg 1972 DDO closeup.jpg 1972 DDO 3.jpg

Best I could do...........

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

RBowtie97

Sep 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the same double die variety as you. Any idea as to how much it books for?

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The local CONECA rep authenticated the 1972 DDO today as FS 01-1972-103 (3-0-1) in AU condition. Thanks to everyone for their input............

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the same double die variety as you. Any idea as to how much it books for?

If it is the same as mine, about $3 to $5........

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
The local CONECA rep authenticated the 1972 DDO today as FS 01-1972-103 (3-0-1) in AU condition. Thanks to everyone for their input............

It looks like I dropped the ball on this one and am sorry! Although they are fairly identical Class 1 Doubled Dies, I felt that your' coin fit the Die #6 more than the Die #3 due to the lack of doubling on the Date and because Die #3 specimens almost always have fairly pronounced doubling on the Date in all Die Stages (States)! It is so much easier to attribute certain Doubled Die Varieties when you have the coin in hand or very detailed close-up pics and can pick out some or all of the Die Markers.

Frank

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like I dropped the ball on this one and am sorry! Although they are fairly identical Class 1 Doubled Dies, I felt that your' coin fit the Die #6 more than the Die #3 due to the lack of doubling on the Date and because Die #3 specimens almost always have fairly pronounced doubling on the Date in all Die Stages (States)! It is so much easier to attribute certain Doubled Die Varieties when you have the coin in hand or very detailed close-up pics and can pick out some or all of the Die Markers.

Frank

Not at all, Frank........my pictures didn't give you a lot to go on........I still appreciate your input.
BTW, I found another one last night..........

RBowtie97

Sep 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is the one I have. It's been in my book for years and I didn't even think to check it until recently.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476794285.318241.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476794296.635816.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476794307.652986.jpg

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
My vision is askew, hands shake and can't take clear pictures - but thank heavens I reached this age.

Now I use tools to aide in mending my obsolescence.

A great investment.....

51MlGHBqVJL._SL1000_.jpg

RBowtie97

Sep 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's it called and how much did you pay for it?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread