Hiding Silver Coins and Bullion in plain sight.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey TNET Folks,

If this idea has been brought up before on the forums, then I am sorry to rehash it!

I came up with this idea as I purchase PVC pipes of different sizes and lengths at Yard Sales, other Sales and Auctions whenever the price is right and I hoard them for when I need them. I got to thinking that these new, used and often times dirty PVC pipes would be a great place to store Silver Coins and Bullion and hide them in plain sight. First, you don't want all the pieces of PVC pipe to be the same length and it would be best if they are dirty and used looking to make them appear as surplus pieces you keep in time of need. Once that is taken care of and you have the diameter of pipe needed, then stuff one end with a page (piece) of newspaper and either slowly slide the coins or bullion into the other end or you can stack the coins or bullion and slide the open end of the PVC pipe down over them, then slowly pick up an rotate. Here, you can either choose to leave this end open or rod a piece of newspaper down the pipe to the coins or Bullion. Store these in a corner of a closet, storage cabinet or garage where you keep other tools and especially where you keep Plumping tools, parts and accessories such as PVC Glue. These will now appear as pieces of PVC you have saved for future repairs or projects and hopefully any thieves will pass them by unchecked. It would also be best to not store more than a foot or two of coins or bullion in each pipe in case someone happen to look down the pipe without holding them up to the light.

Frank

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dope dealers are always finding new ways to hide their poison. y'all gave 'em a new method_______yer a devious man, Frank :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why not just store them in economy sized tampon boxes.

OP
OP
H

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
dope dealers are always finding new ways to hide their poison. y'all gave 'em a new method_______yer a devious man, Frank :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

While I don't know of anyone that can smell Silver Coins or Silver Bullion in a PVC pipe, I am sure that a drug sniffing dog would spell more than plumbing problems for someone who hid dope in them!:dontknow::laughing7:

Frank

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MAYBE HIDDEN IN A PILE OF THOUSANDS OF DELETED EMAILS???:dontknow: Ooops- caps lock.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Frank, I've always heard to never store silver in anything PVC as the chemical will ruin the silver over time.

OP
OP
H

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Frank, I've always heard to never store silver in anything PVC as the chemical will ruin the silver over time.

I am not aware of that fact but I guess it is possible! One could secure the coins, Silver Rounds and Silver Bullion in plastic tubes before putting them down the pipe and that should protect them.

Frank

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I am not aware of that fact but I guess it is possible! One could secure the coins, Silver Rounds and Silver Bullion in plastic tubes before putting them down the pipe and that should protect them.

Frank
Sure, just make sure the plastic does not contain common acid-emitting PVC. Even generic coin 'flip's' can contain PVC, even when advertised that they don't.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread