Opinions on the 1955 DD Lincoln Cents

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was talking to a very Knowledgeable Coin Dealer last week.
&
He stated that he heard that most 1955 DD Cents got into circulation by being inside Cigarette Pack's that were sold in machines , Sorry I can not recall the exact price , 'Either 4, 9 or 24 Cents a Pack ,& the Cigarette Co's /Co just put a Cent into each pack sold cause the Machines would & Could not give back Change.

Anybody else ever heard this?
Thanks for reply's
Davers :cat:

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
23 cents, a pack and 2 cents

This sounds right.

Any mathematicians out there who can tell me if this is more or less expensive than cigs today?

I love the '55 DDO. It's my all time favorite coin. I think it's the perfect rare coin because:
1. It's amazingly cool with its doubling
2. It's very rare compared to demand- there were only about 25,000 minted
3. Its underpriced- even at today's prices. I talked to The Penny Lady (Charmy Harker) at a coin show a while back and she agreed. (Cool lady btw, who has some awesome coins).

I was lucky to buy one when they were even more affordable - in 2004. I bought it raw on eBay as an xf40 for $700 & sent it to pcgs & it came back au50. [emoji106]🏽

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I got a second job at a coin shop, and get to sort thru lots sold by all sorts of folks. Haven't hit one yet. So you never know unless you take the time to look.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This sounds right.

Any mathematicians out there who can tell me if this is more or less expensive than cigs today?

I love the '55 DDO. It's my all time favorite coin. I think it's the perfect rare coin because:
1. It's amazingly cool with its doubling
2. It's very rare compared to demand- there were only about 25,000 minted
3. Its underpriced- even at today's prices. I talked to The Penny Lady (Charmy Harker) at a coin show a while back and she agreed. (Cool lady btw, who has some awesome coins).

I was lucky to buy one when they were even more affordable - in 2004. I bought it raw on eBay as an xf40 for $700 & sent it to pcgs & it came back au50. [emoji106]��

Great investment ...A-lot of $ between a 40 & a 50.
My shop has a Couple Graded Examples.
I 'May' put one on layaway.
As you said the Doubling is wonderful to look at, a real beauty.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread