Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Give us pictures of what you are looking at. I am visual in nature and can't help without something to start with....Cause yes there are so many different errors....

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Guess the best person to do that would have been the person who sold them to you.

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For canadian coins, go to numicanada. There are many errors listed for old and modern coins. Good luck.

OP
OP
C

Creditcard

Greenie
Apr 25, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For canadian coins, go to numicanada. There are many errors listed for old and modern coins. Good luck.

Thank you ... I'm not joking guys this is so overwhelming ... they were up for auction online for 5 months with no bids. Every coins is labelled with their errors and grade ... it's very difficult their decipher each one individually . I've even tried to categorize them for when the appraiser come's. ... I'll give all these links a go and post a bunch of pictures of the ones I found interesting.

Is there any interest on coins that for example say . " hi 's low 7 " or " low 's curved 7 " etc... I have TONNES of those variations. And we'll as coins with clips on theirohosehen ( 1 , 2 and 3 clips missing ) ... the list is endless I'll be sure to post as soon as I'm home.

The one sticking out most to me ( and I posted another thread about it ) is a coin I have previously 1937 with two heads on it. Now from my readING I understand magicians coins were popular in the 70s. But this is from the 30s or earlier. I keep reading it is impossible but I just don't know !! Seems really old and a really well done fake if that's the case

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Is there any interest on coins that for example say . " hi 's low 7 " or " low 's curved 7 " etc... I have TONNES of those variations. And we'll as coins with clips on theirohosehen ( 1 , 2 and 3 clips missing ) ... the list is endless I'll be sure to post as soon as I'm home.

As a caution here, you can't sell things on TreasureNet unless you are a Charter Member. Our mods are pretty darned astute too :)

Good luck on your treasure haul!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it were me sorting those coins, I'd separate them by denomination, then series, then in chronological order. It would make it a lot easier to go through an error book and compare similar errors on the same type of coin,

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
to establish your credibility---post a few of the same denomination coins using the "insert image" box of the post. shoot only HD 1280 X 720 resolution in daylight of both sides of each coin--- we can then judge the coins as to their authenticity and type of error. proof is in the seeing. all coins should be magnet tested and weighed to cull the possible fakes. as the old lady said once----"WHERE's THE BEEF" :dontknow:???:laughing7:

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As stated in your other post, examine the edge of the two headed coin to see if it is made from two separate coins. There are many varieties and errors like you mention, some may bring a premium while others may not. Were there pictures posted in the online auction? If it sat five months without a bid there may not be many with much value.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 2 headed coin was not made that way at the mint. Age has nothing to do with it. Without pics we can't help. It's possible you overpaid or they are all "manmade errors". For your sake I hope not!

OP
OP
C

Creditcard

Greenie
Apr 25, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20170425_150258.jpg
20170425_150147.jpg
20170425_150147.jpg

Here are 3 of the thousands ... I literally am overwhelmed where to start. I thought I would get a head start on the appraiser before he comes but I'm just lost. I inheireted a few old coins of value and jumped on the sight of this lot. I paid next to nothing (200) and I can confirm that there is almost 200 in silver quarters and dimes in melt value ( Canadian ). I am however having a hell of a time uploading pics. Here's what I can get for now. I'll sort tonight and more to come tomorrow !!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The priciest ones are double struck, two images on one side, double dies, the Red Book of US coins lists the primary ones, way off center coins, and coins struck on the wrong planchet. There are a zillion minor errors, for instance, coins with small die cuds, almost nobody is interested in. You can check Ebay for a coin similar to one you have for a quick but unscientific comparison. For instance a 1955 Double Die Lincoln cent could be worth thousands, a 1995 Double Die Lincoln, ungraded $50 or less.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Hard to tell from the pic whether the 1999 Canadian Cent has actual (Doubled Die) doubling on the Date but I suspect (MD) Machine Doubling. Other than that, most coins shown so far seem to be (PMD) Post Mint Damage and/or Man Made Errors (coins manipulated to appear as Error Coins).

Frank

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope you're not paying too much for an appraisal. I think the majority of this stuff is gonna be worth face value.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 1983 Canadian is simply damage. Don't know where the original owner got his terms from.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
perhaps post some of the silvers for us?

Chub

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread