IMG_20170517_112517.jpg

Last edited:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to the TNET forums! Value is dependent upon it being genuine and condition (grade) and I sure hope that it is! It would be hard to determine the authenticity from pics and also because there is no pic of the Reverse and the fact that the Chinese have gotten real good at counterfeiting the 1795 Flowing Hair Silver Dollars. Also, no grade can be determined since there is no pic of the Reverse and the fact that these Silver Dollars were generally weakly struck. It would be best to send the coin to PCGS or NGC even with what appears to be damage on the Obverse to get it certified and hopefully a grade or at the least a Details grade. Good luck!

Frank

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
first thing is check if weight & diameter are correct__________________THEN---test with a magnet
if it sticks-- you must do this :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:
hope it's REAL :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
H

HeadRolling

Tenderfoot
May 16, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the TNET forums! Value is dependent upon it being genuine and condition (grade) and I sure hope that it is! It would be hard to determine the authenticity from pics and also because there is no pic of the Reverse and the fact that the Chinese have gotten real good at counterfeiting the 1795 Flowing Hair Silver Dollars. Also, no grade can be determined since there is no pic of the Reverse and the fact that these Silver Dollars were generally weakly struck. It would be best to send the coin to PCGS or NGC even with what appears to be damage on the Obverse to get it certified and hopefully a grade or at the least a Details grade. Good luck!

Frank

Sorry i forgot the reverse pic.
IMG20170514145328.jpg

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something doesn't feel right about this coin. I hope it's real, but considering the other item you posted, I hope you didn't get it at the same place!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread