A Silver first in a long...long time!

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I went out to pay bills on Monday and stopped off at a Pawn Shop that I don't visit very often! Although I made some great purchases there in the past, in recent years, it seems they have difficulty in pricing items and/or wanting to get much more out of the items than they have in them, so I usually end up leaving without making a purchase. I try to check out the coins that they have as they always seem to have a lot and some years ago I picked up 6 Proof Sets from them for $35 and the two 1999 Proof Sets both contained "Close AM" Cents. And yes before you ask, I made a bundle off of those two 1999 Proof Sets. Well today I wasn't expecting to get a deal but I did and walked out with two Kennedy Half Dollars, a 1967-P and a 1968-D for $4 out the door. In other words, I paid $2 each or 4 times face value each for the 40% Half Dollars. They also had 5 Nazi Era German Pfennig Coins but wanted $5 each for them and I passed because I usually can't get over $1 or $2 each for these coins due to how cheap they sell on eBay.

Frank

OP
OP
H

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
$5 worth of silver for $4.

That is true but I can sell them for $4 each without breaking a sweat and due to their condition, I could possibly get $5 each but I wouldn't do that.

Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread