Awesome Cherrypick!

SorenCoins

Apr 5, 2015
Parker, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Go Find 60, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About 2 years back I purchased my first large cent, also my only one I own. I recently got into errors and varieties, and rather quickly picked up an incredible amount of knowledge on the topic. I found the cent book on archive.org and I used it to determine the Newcomb. I knew it was 1835 head of 1836 but not which Newcomb and die pairing. I was stunned I narrowed it down to N-14 and N-19, aka, extremely common, or extremely rare. The collar, date placement, and hair bun said it all, I had Newcomb 19, Type 5K. One sold a while ago for $2,850 on Heritage Auctions, I purchased this one for $30 straight. It is rated at R6, meaning 13-30 in existence. This is the 21st known.
Screen Shot 2017-07-15 at 3.42.12 AM.png

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About 2 years back I purchased my first large cent, also my only one I own. I recently got into errors and varieties, and rather quickly picked up an incredible amount of knowledge on the topic. I found the cent book on archive.org and I used it to determine the Newcomb. I knew it was 1835 head of 1836 but not which Newcomb and die pairing. I was stunned I narrowed it down to N-14 and N-19, aka, extremely common, or extremely rare. The collar, date placement, and hair bun said it all, I had Newcomb 19, Type 5K. One sold a while ago for $2,850 on Heritage Auctions, I purchased this one for $30 straight. It is rated at R6, meaning 13-30 in existence. This is the 21st known.
View attachment 1479218

Cool!
Tho this is over my 'Pay Grade'. of LC knowledge.
Sounds like a good 'CP'

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread