TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello All,
Hoping some of you may be able to help on this one. Bought an Indian Head Penny lot from a dealer to fill some gaps in my collection and possibly upgrade some that I currently have. In going through the individual coins in the lot I came across a 1906 that appears to have an RPD (re-punched date). But, I can't find a match on indianvarieties.com. Was hoping that some of you may be able to help me confirm that it is indeed an RPD and possibly which particular variety. Any help/opinion is appreciated. Thanks in advance! (I apologize for the last 2 pics as they are not great but I included them just to provide an overall coin obverse and reverse view)

1906-A.jpg

1906-B.jpg

20170819_232704.jpg

20170819_232731.jpg

Thanks!
TwoYewts

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No idea - very nice pics

OP
OP
TwoYewts

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No idea - very nice pics
Thanks. Taken with an ANDONSTAR 1080P HDMI HD Microscope. Does a really nice job for up close magnified pics; but, it does not accommodate a field of view to get the entire coin in a picture so I have to rely on my phone's camera for that which does not always work out well.

OP
OP
TwoYewts

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome! Thank you very much for the help on this Frank. The one I have is very similar to the one you linked. Someone told me to get Richard Snow's book to see if its in there, so I may have to pick up that reference guide. All told, I basically paid $1 for this coin (it was in a lot and if I break down the total cost to the per item amount it comes out to $1/per). So I'm very pleased this little gem was mixed in there :). Thanks again!

TwoYewts

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread