Nicholas_Saal

Tenderfoot
Jan 26, 2018
Rosemount, Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Recently after ordering, and paying for my delicious #9 sandwich at JJs, I looked down at my hand and was shocked at what I saw. I always use cash just for the chance to hopefully find something neat, but the past few months have been nothing but boring shiny new 2017 coins. I broke my bad luck streak, and found a bit of silver that I will probably never find in loose change again. This is my first real post to a tread so I hope I'm doing every thing right. Let me know with a reply what cool coins you have found in your pocket change.
IMG_0116.JPG
Pretty cool finding a mercury dime in pocket change
IMG_0118.JPG
Have a great day and good luck with your finds everyone

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got 3 Sac dollars in my change a few weeks ago. They were supposed to be quarters. I've found a few Indian heads, Merc dimes and a silver quarter or two over the last few years anyway in my regular pocket change. Then there is the silver certificate I got last year at a Cuban sandwich shop.

btw-Welcome to the forum.

lookingharder

Feb 27, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find and sharp eye. That's the benefit to having young know nothing youngsters working registers these days. They could hand you a $20 gold piece and be non the wiser.

OP
OP
N

Nicholas_Saal

Tenderfoot
Jan 26, 2018
Rosemount, Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow thats absolutely insane that you got those in your change! glad to see theirs still hope for finding history! thanks for the welcome I'm really liking this site.

Last edited:

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
They (JJ's) thought it was probably a FOREIGN COIN. Nice find, congrats & welcome to the TN forum. I don't even find many mercs during the month out of MWR's bank boxes. This month I've found 5-mercs out of 56-boxes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread