Type 2 1972 s Silver Ike?

rcs

Mar 15, 2017
Western Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have tried to look online and haven't had much luck. Let me know what you all think. It's definitely not in the best condition, but interesting none the less. Thanks!

A90JRWJ.jpg

Jo2M0TI.jpg

oYXcepL.jpg

OP
OP
rcs

rcs

Mar 15, 2017
Western Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely done that, only saw one other that had been listed and they just stuck it up as a buy it now. Plus, looking for validation that it is indeed a type 2, never found one before. Thank you!

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
You're one of the main people I wanted to hear from Hunstman. So it looks like to me it is a type 2. Looking at other 1972 s proofs online, are they all type 2? Ikes are so confusing haha

Not sure you want to hear from members like me. But if you understand the different Earth Types (1,2,3), then you would know that every proof in '72 whether it was clad or silver had a T2 Earth. The rarity comes from the business strikes of the Philly Ikes. You see the T2 was a proof die that after the proofs were struck was pressed into service back in Philly due to die deterioration. In '72, Philly produced T1, T2, and T3 Ikes.

OP
OP
rcs

rcs

Mar 15, 2017
Western Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure you want to hear from members like me. But if you understand the different Earth Types (1,2,3), then you would know that every proof in '72 whether it was clad or silver had a T2 Earth. The rarity comes from the business strikes of the Philly Ikes. You see the T2 was a proof die that after the proofs were struck was pressed into service back in Philly due to die deterioration. In '72, Philly produced T1, T2, and T3 Ikes.

Well of course I want to hear from you DD. You are another who i find much more knowledgable than me. I did not know that they all were, thank you very much! That's why I love this site, knowledgable people!

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other

DD... Thanks for posting the info on the Type 1, 2 and 3 Eisenhower Dollars! The Eisenhower Dollars are one denomination and series that I have never had much interest in. In fact, public interest in most of the Dollar denomination coins has lacked so much that the Grey Sheets that the Coin Dealers use for purchasing and selling coins, devalue many of these coins below face value. When purchasing coins for resell at the flea markets, I have never done well with the Dollar denomination coins and the Clad Kennedy Half Dollars. Apparently I need to look more into these Dollar coins, especially when there were 1971-S Silver-Clad Proof Coins that were struck with a Type 1 Reverse Die and are worth big money.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions