Three nickels in change today

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I received these three nickels in change today. The 1946 and 1957 are nickels you dont see every day but still fairly common. The third nickel was kind of interesting. Someone took the time to deface it with the word "duck" At least thats what I made it look like. I don't often use words like this.

Attachments

• IMG_0579.jpg
    IMG_0579.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 530
  • IMG_0578.JPG
    IMG_0578.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 518

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Nice finds and I have a bar of Ivory soap for the person who stamped DUCK!!! >:(

Been finding older nickels in the tills at work lately. Oldest was a 32 nickel...or was it 37? It was a 30-something, I'm just too lazy to get up and look ::)

I've decided just to collect 59 and older nickels. Did get a 45 P Nickel the other day (over Monticello)...but very very worn and ugly looking, but still silver :)

Happy Hunting,
Annmarie

OP
OP
Evolution

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ron and Ann said:
Nice finds and I have a bar of Ivory soap for the person who stamped DUCK!!! >:(

Been finding older nickels in the tills at work lately. Oldest was a 32 nickel...or was it 37? It was a 30-something, I'm just too lazy to get up and look ::)

I've decided just to collect 59 and older nickels. Did get a 45 P Nickel the other day (over Monticello)...but very very worn and ugly looking, but still silver :)

Happy Hunting,
Annmarie
When I started collecting nickels as a kid (about 25 years ago) I collected '59 and older as well. I have a box now with about 250 of them somewhere. A '32 or '37 would be of the Buffalo variety. Jeffersons started in '38. I always check my change before it goes into the change jar.

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Evolution said:
Ron and Ann said:

Happy Hunting,
Annmarie
When I started collecting nickels as a kid (about 25 years ago) I collected '59 and older as well. I have a box now with about 250 of them somewhere. A '32 or '37 would be of the Buffalo variety. Jeffersons started in '38. I always check my change before it goes into the change jar.

Okay....now you made have to get up and go look LOL :)...it's a 1939....I knew it was thirty-something :)...only have (2) 1942 P, 1943 P and 1945 P (above Monticello)...getting there! LOL :) Happy collecting!

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
Reminds me of the old half cent coins and large cent coins, and how people used to deface them to read something else. The "e" in the word "cent" was changed to something else.........

I did a double take the first time I saw one of those.

OP
OP
Evolution

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember reading a post about those coins/tokens once. Old school brothel or cathouse tokens. I wish i had one.....just for collector reasons of course ;D

OP
OP
Evolution

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a thought. I see that some people consider counterstamped coins like this love tokens. Would this qualify as a love token? ;D :o ::) :P :-*

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Evolution said:
Would this qualify as a love token? ;D :o ::) :P :-*

I think this would qualify as a LUST token ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread