Need recommendations

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
There are tons of Silver coins from the 1500s through the 1700s on eBay that can be had for $100 or less and many of them, way less. Some are not very collectible and just bring a lot at auction or elsewhere while some are very collectible but just don't get the attention they deserve and they don't fetch the prices they deserve.

EastCoastmetal

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2016
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro International
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Why not just spend $100 on some silver eagles or Maples?

Nice big pure silver coins. :tongue3:

Just wondering why you want those old dated coins, with .925 or less silver.

Not judging, just wondering.

PaddyB

Jul 18, 2016
Devon, England
Primary Interest:
Other
I am with the OP on that - I would far rather have something old and historically interesting rather than some modern bullion issue, not matter how artistically beautiful it might be. Each to their own.
To answer the OP a bit - Charles II Crowns from England in the second half of the 17th century can often be picked up for around your $100 target, though they will be showing a fair amount of wear for that money. They are actually cheaper than the equivalent coins in the 18th century most of the time.

EastCoastmetal

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2016
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro International
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am with the OP on that - I would far rather have something old and historically interesting rather than some modern bullion issue, not matter how artistically beautiful it might be. Each to their own.
To answer the OP a bit - Charles II Crowns from England in the second half of the 17th century can often be picked up for around your $100 target, though they will be showing a fair amount of wear for that money. They are actually cheaper than the equivalent coins in the 18th century most of the time.

Is that why? I was asking the OP. He never said.

Still wondering.

OP
OP
hughmaster10

hughmaster10

Jan 4, 2013
Why not just spend $100 on some silver eagles or Maples?

Nice big pure silver coins. :tongue3:

Just wondering why you want those old dated coins, with .925 or less silver.

Not judging, just wondering.

I collect silver. But I like the historic aspect of coins. To think of many different aspects of society back then and the time that has passed intrigues me more than just a modern silver round. Also to have coins that George Washington or somebody like him may have flipped with his own hands sounds cool. Also I do have rounds in my collection btw. Just something about old coins I like

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread