pinkysbliss

Aug 3, 2007
Tacoma,WA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Double Eye or new glass's?UPDATE!

SOOOO! I got the nerve up to go back to the coin shop and show the owner my dime....WELL to my amazement he says that it looks like a strong double, BUT he really has no idea and that its not listed. He then strongly suggests that I send it in to be looked at and that if they slab it that it would pay to have it certified....SOOOO....Feels nice to know I'm not seeing things...HAHA! ;D

Thank you

"TR"

Also showed him my 2007 D Pennie with the pimple on his chin, was told its like a die chip. Some thing like that and some other marks on the neck that I did not see untill after I edited the pic to fitt on the web sites. And that it is an Error but not one worth much..I DON'T CARE! I'm just happy to have found 2 coins that I can show off. Added two pic's of the pennie.

Ok! been looking at ALLOT of coins through small objects, now I really can not see!
Anyway here's my 1991 D Roosevelt Dime, lost most of its shinny stuff (lots of ASH around here). So here are some photos....

Attachments

• newface1991dime.jpg
    newface1991dime.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 375
  • 1991holedime.jpg
    1991holedime.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 280
  • 1991doubleeye.jpg
    1991doubleeye.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 274
  • 2007face, neck 2formd.jpg
    2007face, neck 2formd.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 214
  • 2007linchinpicformd.jpg
    2007linchinpicformd.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 160

scoutjim99

Sep 2, 2005
Greenville NOrth Craolina
Re: Double Eye or new glass's?

It sure look like a double eye to me, and if I may I am going to copy your photo and show it to some other friends, who i believe will have a much better answer than I.

OP
OP
pinkysbliss

pinkysbliss

Aug 3, 2007
Tacoma,WA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Please do, I am thinking about sending it to a certification place depending on the cost of course. And thank you very much..

"TR"

OP
OP
pinkysbliss

pinkysbliss

Aug 3, 2007
Tacoma,WA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

It's not listed any where as an error coin. That's the thing, does it have to be listed in order to be an error? I feel just because no one has found one yet or that its not "listed yet" that it should not discount the fact that it may be an error.
Thank you
"TR"

Think I will make some calls today.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread