Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: QUESTION FOR COIN COLLECTORS

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Apr 2017
    Bay Area, CA
    Tesoro Cibola, XP Deus w/ HF coils, & 11" LF. Land and Sea pinpointer
    790 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    My guess is typo for "dont set it free".

And now that I think about it, you should punch a hole in the coin with a nail and put it in your keychain! Hah! Just kidding! I think centered in a display of barbers sounds awesome. Of course generally a display of found barbers is awesome enough, so that would make for bonus awesomeness. Lol.
    Kace likes this.

us
    Kace

Aug 2017
    Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones, Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones, Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe. GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
    4471 times
    Metal Detecting, Relic and Artifact Hunting, Prohibition Era and Civil War Era Cache Hunting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obsessive View Post
    My guess is typo for "dont set it free".

And now that I think about it, you should punch a hole in the coin with a nail and put it in your keychain! Hah! Just kidding! I think centered in a display of barbers sounds awesome. Of course generally a display of found barbers is awesome enough, so that would make for bonus awesomeness. Lol.
    Thanks for the translation Ob!

I about gasped when I read 'Punch A Hole In It'!! lol!

Thanks...I think that will make a nice display of Barbers too. It won't fit in anything flat obviously.

Kace

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    17413 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!
    Cleaning coins is a major sin in the coin collecting world.

It's okay to clean it up with water and soap - patted dry. But NO solutions!
    Kace likes this.
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

"'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

us
    Kace

Aug 2017
    Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones, Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones, Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe. GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
    4471 times
    Metal Detecting, Relic and Artifact Hunting, Prohibition Era and Civil War Era Cache Hunting.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeepseekerADS View Post
    Cleaning coins is a major sin in the coin collecting world.

It's okay to clean it up with water and soap - patted dry. But NO solutions!
    Thanks Deep! I just was wondering on this one since it is a Pop Out and not really a coin in the sense of currency any longer.

I'm leaving it as is...evidently unless someone is going to use these as jewelry, they should be left as found too. I wouldn't ever wear it as jewelry, so it's going to still look 106yrs young! lol!

Kace

us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
    11465 times
    Metal Detecting
    I'd leave it be.

From a collector's point of view that a purposely damaged coin and would be interesting as a sample - like the smushed coins from fairs and tourist stops and Hobo nickels. Yours has nice tones. Kills the value as a coin but they are collectable for what they are.
    America was founded by tough hell-raisers. Rugged citizens who evaded taxes, spoke strongly against tyranny, grew tobacco, brewed beer, distilled spirits, and smuggled weapons. And it will be saved by those same types of citizens.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links