$2 circulated bills

Walleyeman

May 14, 2015
MI
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi,
i just got 25 2$ bills uncirculated in sequence. I'm just a metal detector, but watch alot of coins videos and stuff.
this looks and feels like a big score..... let me know if it is. I can show pics, but it is 2013 $2 uncirulated sequenced bills.
please let me know if i have a scrore or not!
thanks!

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only if they have unusual serial numbers like the first runs Like A000000100 Then they are a prize. Try them on Fleabay as mentioned

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look for star bills the ones with a star at the end of the serial number also I collect 2 dollar bills also. I save them we never know what will become valuable in the future or we would all be rich. Case in point in 1970 a Hemi convertible Cuda showroom floor model 5000 dollars. Hold on to them is my advice. Tommy

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A@ I spend mine. You can order a million of them from the bank if you want them. They have way too many! Spend i say. It may make yours worth more.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could order millions of silver dollars in 40s 50s and 60s lol I hear ya though !!!!!!!!

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The 2013-$2 bill is worth $2 unless it has features wanted by collectors. You may wish to research what are called "error notes", radar notes, low and high serial numbered notes etc. BTW, your notes were printed at the Western Facility (Fort Worth, TX) then distributed through five issuing banks.
Don...

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a collectors market for nearly anything, sequential bill's are one of them.
Will you make a lot of money off of them? Probably not, but you can keep them in your collection try to find a collector who will give you more than face value, or trade them for something you like more.

If it's cool to you, then that's all that really matters.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a collectors market for nearly anything, sequential bill's are one of them.
Will you make a lot of money off of them? Probably not, but you can keep them in your collection try to find a collector who will give you more than face value, or trade them for something you like more.

If it's cool to you, then that's all that really matters.
Very well put most things I collect are for my kids to give to their kids ya never know. I also collect silver bars every here and there I buy one or two toss in the safety deposit box ya never know!!!!!!

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Ive heard that before why do you say that.....
Typically, safe deposit boxes are safer than home storage. But, there’s always the slim chance of a bank fire, flood, theft or even confiscation. There’s also the saying “if you don’t hold it, you don’t own it.” Everything in the bank’s possession is the bank’s property including your savings.

OP
OP
W

Walleyeman

May 14, 2015
MI
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
dang it....thanks for all commits, it gives me ideas if i should keep, spend or save them.............
i'll keep for now, but if i need money for batteries i wont be afraid to spend them.......
i like Icewing idea, save them for trading....... always get a better deal if you have something seller wants.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
One reason to forget safety deposit boxes is,you're keeping all your eggs in on basket.The main reason though is if a bank is going under the bank can legally pay their debt by using people's valuables that are in safety deposit boxes to pay their bill.Property in safety deposit boxes are not insured like your money is in a bank account.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
One reason to forget safety deposit boxes is,you're keeping all your eggs in on basket.The main reason though is if a bank is going under the bank can legally pay their debt by using people's valuables that are in safety deposit boxes to pay their bill.Property in safety deposit boxes are not insured like your money is in a bank account.
Correct, the FDIC has enough funds to cover about 1% of savings on a full bail-in.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Correct, the FDIC has enough funds to cover about 1% of savings on a full bail-in.
Tis why I Love GOOOOOLD! Silver, copper lead and all other commodities and materials, guns, knives, iron etc... If the bank goes you have sheets of paper equal in value to the one you pull off the top of a yogurt. Tangibles will be the only things that will be trade able. Though I imagine that if you had a few million in paper dollars it would make a very nice fire.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very well put most things I collect are for my kids to give to their kids ya never know. I also collect silver bars every here and there I buy one or two toss in the safety deposit box ya never know!!!!!!
I still do the Same thing A2, This is very smart and sound methods of building commodities. and the saving of anything really. If you over exert yourself saving you will get hurt and have to spend it. I would buy a small piece with every paycheck and toss them here and there. after a few years I gathered them up from all of the drawers and tuck spots and I had a HUGE pile. I was quite impressed with myself :)

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Red,
You memtioned: "......if a bank is going under the bank can legally pay their debt by using people's valuables that are in safety deposit boxes to pay their bill." IMO that statement is incorrect. When an insured bank fails, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) steps in and arranges for another financial institution to take over. When this happens customers should be able to conduct business as usual, and that includes having free access to the contents of a safe deposit box. In extreme circumstances, when the FDIC can't find another bank to take over, they will arrange for customers to collect the contents of their safety deposit boxes within the first few days following the banks closure. The contents of any abandoned boxes will be classified as unclaimed property and will be handed over to the state's treasurer.

Don...

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look for star bills the ones with a star at the end of the serial number also I collect 2 dollar bills also. I save them we never know what will become valuable in the future or we would all be rich. Case in point in 1970 a Hemi convertible Cuda showroom floor model 5000 dollars. Hold on to them is my advice. Tommy

What is the deal with star bills?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They're replacement bills for ones that have been destroyed. They're a bit more rare than your typical first run issue.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread