1864 2 Cent

theEmmaPearl

Jan 15, 2019
Yonkers,Ny
Detector(s) used
A couple really old ones, my daughters for shits and giggles, and the Forager is always in my car ;)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
B327945E-20CC-40AB-9602-76F798D4D4D5.jpeg

Small Motto or Large Motto?...

OP
OP
T

theEmmaPearl

Jan 15, 2019
Yonkers,Ny
Detector(s) used
A couple really old ones, my daughters for shits and giggles, and the Forager is always in my car ;)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A3E65066-1051-44C4-9472-76CA5E75A840.jpeg

OP
OP
T

theEmmaPearl

Jan 15, 2019
Yonkers,Ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
D467A6B8-0926-4680-8785-06618007F37A.jpeg

OP
OP
T

theEmmaPearl

Jan 15, 2019
Yonkers,Ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes.... Dug from the edge of the Bronx River by White Plains. I've found IHP's, Wheaties and a few golds. The golds have been sold long ago... I got 3 kids ;)

OP
OP
T

theEmmaPearl

Jan 15, 2019
Yonkers,Ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3D414906-D3CF-4B0F-A68E-5E0353324500.jpeg

OP
OP
T

theEmmaPearl

Jan 15, 2019
Yonkers,Ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
772378DF-FA20-4877-86BE-6A0C656517D5.jpeg

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe the RED BOOK gives a good explanation between the two, especially look at the obverse ribbon lettering IN GOD WE TRUST size & angle of letters. Red Book also has pics of differences. This is a fantastic condition coin, I would grade as Large Motto ( look at the letter D in God compared to sample pic ) ExFine-Au, congrats. I'm surprised it looks so good for being dug up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

theEmmaPearl

Jan 15, 2019
Yonkers,Ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe the RED BOOK gives a good explanation between the two, especially look at the obverse ribbon lettering IN GOD WE TRUST size & angle of letters. Red Book also has pics of differences. This is a fantastic condition coin, I would grade as Large Motto ( look at the letter D in God compared to sample pic ) ExFine-Au, congrats. I'm surprised it looks so good for being dug up.

Thanks!! And yeah... Red Book is my source of info as well ;)
I’m just hoping that someone spots something I haven’t.. lol.
The conditions of the coins I’ve found around my hunts has always been more often than not, VF+++ after gentle cleansing. Don’t know if it’s a geographic thing or not, but I LOVE WHERE I LIVE!!

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely Large motto. Nice looking coin.

jason89

Jan 18, 2019
London
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course you are right, for more information check my profile)

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful coin recovery! :icon_thumleft: The mud and water seemed to have preserved it well!

In the farm fields mine are usually toasted! :BangHead:

OP
OP
T

theEmmaPearl

Jan 15, 2019
Yonkers,Ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful coin recovery! :icon_thumleft: The mud and water seemed to have preserved it well!

In the farm fields mine are usually toasted! :BangHead:

Thank you!! And yeah, I have kinda theorized the same about the conditions. This was a Bronx River pick. About 10 yards east of the river bank and maybe 3 inches deep in soft moist "clean" dirt!

Just cleaning up history alongside the highway. I fargin love it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread