The coming Great American Coin Hunt.......... from April 21, 2019, to April 27, 2019.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
000cccc.jpg

The plan urges hundreds of coin dealers and collectors to drop over one million vintage and collectible coins back into circulation in the United States in an effort to generate renewed interest into the hobby to demographics that have previously been untapped. Coins and notes planned to be released include Buffalo nickels, Ike dollars, Wheat cents, Silver Certificates, five and 10-dollar blue and red seals — and more. These desirable numismatic treasures will be gracing venues ranging from grocery stores to restaurants from April 21, 2019, to April 27, 2019.

Organizers explain that to avoid the chance of losing a key or semi-key date coin forever, they will be distributing a limited amount of vintage coins with hologram stickers on them. Treasure hunters will be able to take these coins to their local participating RAD dealer, which will be listed on the website of the Great American Coin Hunt.That dealer can trade that stickered coin for a true rare coin with a listed Red Book value of up to $100. The dealer would have the choice and would cover the cost of the giveaway.
000aaaa.jpg

Numismatics goes viral in the United States: The coming Great American Coin Hunt | Coin Update

Last edited:

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
This has inspired me.
I was thinking about how the story says that they will mark the coins somehow so as to reduce the risk of the coins being lost.
To me that is bad!
That makes it a slim chance that those coins will make it past whoever counts starting drawers.

Okay. I have a great idea ( I think) I believe that the idea of this is to get younger people into a great hobby.
My idea is, I'm going to start putting nice coins into 2x2's glue them shut so to reduce the risk from sharp staples. Wrap them into a hand written note describing the coin and the benefits of the numismatics world. Both as a hobby and an investment.
I'm going to be slick about this and visit any thrift store and stick them inside of the children's style piggy banks that are for sale.
People who buy those for their children are teaching their children great habits.
My thoughts are that because children are so curious, they'll look inside and then!!
What's that?!?

I love it.

What do you think?

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
It could be coincidence as in a collection dump, but I picked up some cent rolls yesterday from my local CVS and other places.
I got a few rolls that the wrappers are from the 60's from different locations!.. loaded up with really nice coppers and a few variety coins.
No zincs.

BC

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm looking and I found a big goose egg 0. Lol

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a silver rosie from a CWR roll and a silver quarter from a box. $5,000 worth of quarters....they weigh a ton.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
I got a silver rosie from a CWR roll and a silver quarter from a box. $5,000 worth of quarters....they weigh a ton.

You searched 10 boxes of Qtrs and found a single silver? I presume no West Point issues? I don't hunt Qtrs but the recent West Point issues piqued my interest. Grabbed a single box - 2 silver Qtrs was the cull.

morrowathome

Mar 25, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have never used this site . but i found a 1953 S looks to me the L in liberty is backwards DSCN4648.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread