glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
North of the Mason Dixon line
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
003.JPG 004.JPG I have a neighbor that is planning to move sometime this summer .So they are sorting though things to decide what to keep and what to get rid of .He had started collecting coins some years ago but lost interest and never really had a large amount of coins. He offered to sell me any thing he had in coins at face value . Because his collection is small and incomplete he did not want to be bothered trying to sell as collection items . And his bank told him they only pay face value So he offered them to me a face value .I ended up getting 50 Merc Dimes,36 Roosevelt Dimes ,20 Washington Quarters ,and 10 Half Dollars for $18.60 .The Mercury Dimes range from 1918 through 1945 with many not included . The Roosevelt Dimes range from 1945 through 1968 .Eleven of the quarters are dater 1962 or older with 7 being 1963 or older . I am not a collector either although I do have a few old coins that U have saved over the years .But I thought for the price I could not let them go to the back for face value . I do not know much about any of the items I got but the Mercury Dimes are the coin I know the least about

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
For the 50-mercs alone at a melt price of $50, and the $18.60FV I think you got an excellent deal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions