Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
acetone kills verdigris--- and cross infection always shows in rotted pennies next to good ones. even clad can get infected with soylent green:BangHead:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes as port ewen ace eluded to! If you check active Verdigris, you will find that on most coins that are infected, the Verdigris is moist. Because of this, Verdigris can and will migrate to other coins that are touching any infected coins. Also, depending on what media the infected and non-infected coins are stored in (plastic bag, plastic tube, paper bag or other) and if they are stored together, it is likely that Verdigris can migrate across the media and infect other coins.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Good info to know guys, thanks. I'll make sure to pitch back any.

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For coins you are just tossing anyway you can experiment with hydrogen peroxide. I've had limited success removing verdi and well as soil from dug cents. They will still get a details grade but can be the difference between seeing a variety or not. One thing that is suppose to help with verdi is "Verdi-care". It really does a good job and is relatively inexpensive because the bottle really goes a long way.
I got mine off Ebay for about $8

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions