Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
today in NY he would get an ROR appearance ticket :BangHead:, followed by a gofundme page :sad11:, a spot on the Jimmy Kibbles & bits show :dontknow:, then a slot as the senior financial adviser on MS13LSD :tard:... and finally--- he weds Miley---- for a month :laughing9::laughing9::help::icon_biggrin::evil7:

moff347

Apr 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
And thus the reason for the immediate design change to add "cents" to the reverse later that year.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would really like to find a "racketeers" nickel while detecting - but what a buzzkill when you realize you didn't actually find a gold coin . I'm guessing the VDI on one of these would be very close to that of a real $5.00 gold piece ?

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would really like to find a "racketeers" nickel while detecting - but what a buzzkill when you realize you didn't actually find a gold coin . I'm guessing the VDI on one of these would be very close to that of a real $5.00 gold piece ?

I'd say since Most gold Coins read the same as nickels & can tabs
it would come up around Nickels & Can tab range. I Doubt very much the Amount of gold on them
would fare any better then a Cheap Gold Plated Ring. Especially since they would have been in the ground for over a Hundred Years.

My guess there should be enough color left to Know, it was a Racketeer,
But it won't look nice, unless it's a Fresh Copy. Which I'm sure are Still being sold as Collectables

Possible was Real

000klown.jpg

Beware any well worn 1883 with Perfect gold.

They would have been near mint when they were doing it.
& unless Protected for 100+ Years...........

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions