Learning to identify coins.

Wander112

Nov 18, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I inherited some coins and gold. I'm not familiar with coins at all. Are there any resources that can help me identify easily. I feel rushed with family to sell them to them. Most items are WW1 and on. Not sure what I'm doing and feeling like people are being pushy to take advantage. Thank you in advance for any guidance.

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You could always go on EBay and see what others are asking for the same coins you have in hand. Obviously there is the condition factor but at least it'll get you a head start.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
buy a REDBOOK, only look at un- certified SOLD Ebay items, the rest get a Google

OP
OP
W

Wander112

Nov 18, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you! I've been reading up online. Aside from some cool finds I think this has lit a little fire in me. This is pretty cool!

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Get a previous years issue of the RED BOOK, it's worth going thru with the coins. Just might have a silent sleeper of value, based on condition = your value.
You can do it, just take your time. Have some of the family members help you if there is that many coins, they too might get interested in the hobby.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coin book plus post some on here you will find some very knowledgible responses.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet from Mi Tommy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread