Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Timecop - regarding the "market is way overvalued" - that is a common comment today and it may be valid for the market as a whole. The solution then is to not buy the whole market. In other words, don't buy an index fund that copies the whole market. There are plenty of undervalued stocks out there for those who are willing to do their research.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is quite the outpouring. As much as you are saying invest invest . . It sounds like you are struggling to continue to hold your views. Truth is truth. Gold and silver is money. Saving any investing are not the same thing. The OP just wanted to know a little bit about getting some gold or silver. And you sound like he should be should be listenig to you instead. No office intended.
Sincerely, Idahodutch

The OP wanted to know about gold and silver as investments. They are not investments. Sorry about trying to educate here - that's my only mistake.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Bible prophecy as mentioned in "Revelation". I know it is beyond the scope of this thread but it will effect economics. Simply put
hard times ahead. The recent events in Australia have also been described as apocalyptic.

The fires in Australia are a disaster but they have nothing to do with your literal interpretation of the Bible.

Timecop67

May 22, 2017
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Orx, Teknetics 8500, Treasure Baron with Gold Module
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The fires in Australia are a disaster but they have nothing to do with your literal interpretation of the Bible.

If world events really get bad and disasters increase beyond reason non believers should wake up and acknowledge the Bible as fact and not just literary fiction........but non believers are spiritually blind. "A wicked and perverse generation shall seek a sign but there shall be none."

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If world events really get bad and disasters increase beyond reason non believers should wake up and acknowledge the Bible as fact and not just literary fiction........but non believers are spiritually blind. "A wicked and perverse generation shall seek a sign but there shall be none."

The disaster in Australia can be explained by scientific evidence. According to the NSW Rural Fire Service, the major source of ignition has been dry lightning. The dry conditions have also been explained. Kindly do not trivialize the deaths of people and over 1 Billion animals with your nonsense and hatred.

Timecop67

May 22, 2017
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Orx, Teknetics 8500, Treasure Baron with Gold Module
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The disaster in Australia can be explained by scientific evidence. According to the NSW Rural Fire Service, the major source of ignition has been dry lightning. The dry conditions have also been explained. Kindly do not trivialize the deaths of people and over 1 Billion animals with your nonsense and hatred.

The event in Australia is nothing compared to what is coming if you believe the words contained in the Bible. Hatred no, sadness yes for all the animals and loss of life. I take it your not a Christian believer to each his own.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I had to do it over......I would put more money into platinum and gold as my silver stock is getting extremely heavy. My bank teller tried to lift my safety deposit
box but couldn't budge it. I told her it was all Gold. lol. With inflation, National debt, natural disasters and more wars on the rise.....metals are a sure thing going into the future along with guns, prepper tools, dry food etc. Stocks in my opinion are similar to Ponzi schemes....just don't want to be holding them if we ever get a repeat of the 29 crash. Some other reasons to hold metals which is money off the GRID: divorces, bankruptcies, shielding money from inheritance taxes, or Nursing home rackets.
I keep my silver stash on a pallet and move it around on a forklift

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep my silver stash on a pallet and move it around on a forklift

You too? Don't you hate it when the weight of the forklift cracks your tile floors...

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The event in Australia is nothing compared to what is coming if you believe the words contained in the Bible. Hatred no, sadness yes for all the animals and loss of life. I take it your not a Christian believer to each his own.

You know nothing about me and your assumptions about me as as wrong as your literal bible interpretations. FYI, I attended and excelled at parochial schools from k-8 and then also through parochial high school. I received a very good education - a foundation for college and graduate school, which included the understanding that my God is not one of hate and vengeance but of Love. There is no conflict between legitimate religions and science. I feel sorrow for those weak and ignorant individuals who join cults - masquerading as "the" true religion, that then use them for their evil purposes. I will say no more on this.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You too? Don't you hate it when the weight of the forklift cracks your tile floors...
I spent a good while buying one gallon tubs of worn out silver coins These were popular 30 or so years ago Have 72 of these tubs all stacked on a pallet shrink wrapped and stashed in my warehouse High up on the pallet shelf. looks like a pallet of paint. No one pays it any mind.

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I think I need to own up to my part in stirring the pot here a time or two, and between several here, I would say we contributed to hijacking this thread somewhat.

Jyorsky, I hope you ended up with something you like AND feel good about.
Idahodutch

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spent a good while buying one gallon tubs of worn out silver coins These were popular 30 or so years ago Have 72 of these tubs all stacked on a pallet shrink wrapped and stashed in my warehouse High up on the pallet shelf. looks like a pallet of paint. No one pays it any mind.

I thought you were joking about the forklift. I prefer your term "worn out" to "junk" silver (hate that term - to me zincoins are junk coins...).
Did you go through those old coins to assemble date sets? If not, I think it would be a fun thing to do with a grandchild.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought you were joking about the forklift. I prefer your term "worn out" to "junk" silver (hate that term - to me zincoins are junk coins...).
Did you go through those old coins to assemble date sets? If not, I think it would be a fun thing to do with a grandchild.
Worn out meaning the better majority of the coins have the dates worn off or faintly visible They are the magazine example of plain ol worn out. But they are still silver and at the time the very best way to buy it. (as Junk)

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Worn out meaning the better majority of the coins have the dates worn off or faintly visible They are the magazine example of plain ol worn out. But they are still silver and at the time the very best way to buy it. (as Junk)

I agree. Not only was this the best way to buy it - but IMO, it remains the best way to sell it, because there is less emotional attachment to low grade coins than there might be to choice condition coins where the design elements show maximum detail and the art intended by the designer. There's a huge difference in appearance between a choice EF-UNC Walker and one in poor-AG. No one should feel bad about selling the poor grade coins for melt value.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have gotten literally pounds of silver at thrift stores for next to nothing recently bags of Gorman forks 1 dollar the smaller olive forks

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have gotten literally pounds of silver at thrift stores for next to nothing recently bags of Gorman forks 1 dollar the smaller olive forks

Very cool! That is a less common fork! Did you post pics of those? You will look very sophisticated when you bring these to fish out the olives after martinis served at your next formal hunt. Just what you need after a day digging and discussing pull tabs with friends.

They are also sometimes called pickle forks, but I would use them for oysters! Trivia - when used for oysters, they are set on the right side of the plate.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree. Not only was this the best way to buy it - but IMO, it remains the best way to sell it, because there is less emotional attachment to low grade coins than there might be to choice condition coins where the design elements show maximum detail and the art intended by the designer. There's a huge difference in appearance between a choice EF-UNC Walker and one in poor-AG. No one should feel bad about selling the poor grade coins for melt value.
Yes and if everything hits the sticks It is still recognizable coinage and can be traded in small denominations with out having to bust out the ol hacksaw making pieces of eight. That was the rational at the time.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nice work Tommy. I also find lots of silver (and gold) everywhere. Yardsales thrift stores area cornucopia The tiniest bit of gold charm is worth 30 to 50 bucks. People just don't realize

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool! That is a less common fork! Did you post pics of those? You will look very sophisticated when you bring these to fish out the olives after martinis served at your next formal hunt. Just what you need after a day digging and discussing pull tabs with friends.

They are also sometimes called pickle forks, but I would use them for oysters! Trivia - when used for oysters, they are set on the right side of the plate.
Yep posted them a couple months ago along with a fairly big bowl sterling.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice work Tommy. I also find lots of silver (and gold) everywhere. Yardsales thrift stores area cornucopia The tiniest bit of gold charm is worth 30 to 50 bucks. People just don't realize
I find earings alot 14k where it marked on the post people miss that alot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread