Can/Will the election have any effect on the silver spot price?

Holt0222

Sep 24, 2015
Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sure that it will have some effect on the silver prices but that would be expected.

malenkai

May 4, 2016
Chester County, PA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In theory, a "blue sweep" would lead to a larger aid package, which is inflationary, which often causes metal prices to rise.

IMHO, tho, the outcome will not have much of an effect.

metrotec

Jan 5, 2020
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites, Radio Shack, Metrotec, peach tree fork
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stock market goes down, precious metals go up, Dems will cause the market to fall, not drop. Gotta remember how far the market has risen in last 3/1/2-4 years. my thoughts

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some probably, but I'm not good at predicting metals prices.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dems will cause the market to fall, not drop. Gotta remember how far the market has risen in last 3/1/2-4 years. my thoughts

Why? Nothing Historically supports this statement. Historically, when a presidency flips from Repub. to Dem. , the stock market climbs. Also, it's been claimed the past 3 years we've had the best economy ever, that is untrue, it's been good, but not the best.

Click on Images to Enlarge:
trump-first-year-1515190591357-facebookJumbo.png

Dow:
dow1.png

S&P 500:
dow2.png

GDP:

dow3.png

Last edited:

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nov 9, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nobody really knows. The economy was good, but in these times and with Biden winning silver and gold might get even more expensive. It also depends on how long are we going to be with coronavirus.

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.... The economy was good, but in these times .....
I assume you're referring to Clinton's and Obama's terms in office when you say "the economy was good".
"But in these times", the Fed has no more room to move the interest rates lower because the economy started to falter again in July, 2019.

The Federal Reserve raises interest rates in an improving economy and reduces them in a failing/faltering economy.
Remember what happened last year before Covid? The Fed started raising rates again to help the faltering economy before Covid.

2020united-states-interest-rate.png

The economy finally recovered enough in 2015 that they started raising the rates again to combat inflation. Little by little, rates were increasing all the way up to 2.5% in July ,2019 when rates started coming down because of the faltering economy. It now stands at 0%, Zero, Nada. That reduction was an indication the economy heeded help. I seem to remember the "R" word (recession) being thrown around last year.

The economy likes stability and that is just one of many things Biden will bring to the White House.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I say no, not yet and probably not to the last two posts, can’t go any further than getting into politics.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions