A Quarter For Your Thoughts

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Error Coin.jpg Error Coin2.jpg Here is a 2001 Vermont quarter that has been circulating for a while by the looks of it...

Does anyone have a ballpark figure of the possible value of the thing...I believe it is a mint error by the feel of it...

Does anyone have any thoughts they'd like to share about it???

Ed T:notworthy:

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not an error, it has been subjected to heat causing the clad layer to separate and bubble.

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not an error, it has been subjected to heat causing the clad layer to separate and bubble.

So I take it that it is post mint damage...Oh well...It does feel like it has a bubble on the darned thing...I was just wondering if it might be worth anything???I think that I will keep it in my blemish collection...It is the first time I have ever seen anything like it...lol

Thanks for the response...

Ed T

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone believe that this could be an occluded gas bubble???

Just wondering...

Ed T

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's damage. Worth 25 cents.

I beg to differ...lol...I believe it is worth at least 26 cents...I still plan to hold onto it for a while...

Ed T

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know if hemimorphite specimens are worth anything...I came across a little deposit in Mexico that has some really nice specimens of said mineral...I was just curious IF they might be worth more than the quarter for your thoughts I posted in this thread???

Ed T

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know if hemimorphite specimens are worth anything...I came across a little deposit in Mexico that has some really nice specimens of said mineral...I was just curious IF they might be worth more than the quarter for your thoughts I posted in this thread???

Ed T

eBay has these sold listings. $5 - $28.00 depending on size and visual appeal.(eBay probably eats up 30% of the sale price though. )
LINK

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread