Wheat penny Error Coins !!! out of bucket of untouched wheaties!!!!! 1956 shadow d

Have you seen a 1956 Shadown d south with a doubled date in wrong location?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Mabyeeeee

• What shadow D ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wvmountainman

Tenderfoot
Apr 26, 2020
kanawah valley wv
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20201119_095816.jpg 20201119_095816-ccfopt.jpg 20201119_062031-ccfopt.jpg finh 56.jpg dd shadowd 56.jpg back wh 56.jpg

If u look close u see the doubled date witch is out of place compared to a reg 1956 the mint mark in tounching the date with a shadow d . the liberty 'bust and in god we trust is doubled as well... this coin also has some errors on the back .... its a ms 60s at least if not gem brilliant. .... can anyone elaborate or give me any info about this coin, i have found several 55 doubled and 51s and 58s, but never a coin in this condition with several different misstates and a separated double d to the south, My grand father was a coin collector especially wheaties i was left 2 sets but he horded Wheaties and some other stuff to the point i have a buckect of all un circ. -unc. gem wheaties including steels... in this one bucket im noticing its sperated like for error dates almosty all the Libertys are liBERTY or have a small LI and the L is on the rim on almost every coin, im talking thousANDS...? is this normal? any iinfo of a intellectual matter, please. I know the pics arnt great but if u cant see it lets just say it had what im saying it has.

(p.s. i think i mnay have found a steel 44 guys its beeing evaulated !!!!!!!)

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm really not seeing anything out of the ordinary, maybe clearer pictures would help. One thing to remember, most doubling is very common and does not add any value. It is only the doubled dies that add value, and many of them are not worth much.

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
Nothing can be determined from the images provided. Clear, closeup, in focus. Natural light.

Time for more coffee.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing can be determined from the images provided. Clear, closeup, in focus. Natural light.

Time for more coffee.
It's also important to take pictures from directly overhead. That will show doubling if it's there, not at an angle.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread