1928 $10 bill

hat_man

Sep 13, 2006
Sterling Illinois
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Hello everyone,

I just got this in change at the gas station. I don't have a digital camera so I can only describe it to you all. It is a 1928 $10 bill. It is not a gold seal bill. It is the green seal one. It says series 1928 (no letters after) and has the text about being redeemable for gold printed on the left hand side. The stamp(seal) on the left has the number 7 in it instead of a letter and says it was made in Chicago. It doesn't have any tears in it but has been folded and you can see the crease lines.

I can find information about the 1929 series but not much about the 1928 series. I don't have a clue if it is worth anyhting more than ten dollars but I think it's neat to have a piece of paper money from before the Depression. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hat_man

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Sorry I'm late......
The Series of 1928 (signatures of Tate and Mellon) Chicago Federal Reserve Note (Quantity printed: 8.130M) is currently (16 years after the OP posted) valued from about $30 in EF-20 to triple digits in near uncirculated condition. If there is a star after the serial number, that particular bill would be worth about 10X the value of the bill without a star.
Don in SoCal

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread