Mike in Berks

Jun 17, 2007
Detector(s) used
4/DB Spectrum XLT DFX
1st time posting here here goes........
I went to a mineral show today walking around and saw a small basket
full of coins above a sign " worlds smallest coin " so i picked out every type
an i could'nt resist i know they're junk but, i had to buy them an now i'm
curious did anyone here ever see these before ? does anybody know where they're made ?
and does anyone know what they're made of ? i hope not China + Lead

here's the indian cent
IMG_3048_2.jpg

HH 4/DB

Attachments

• IMG_3047.jpg
    IMG_3047.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 549
OP
OP
Mike in Berks

Mike in Berks

Jun 17, 2007
Detector(s) used
4/DB Spectrum XLT DFX
I messed up some how :tard: 2nd pic all the coins are on top of a clad quarter

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
awww they are adorable! I would have gotten them too...if nothing else just for the novelty of them..add them to a display of the other coins or something. Too cute! ;D

OP
OP
Mike in Berks

Mike in Berks

Jun 17, 2007
Detector(s) used
4/DB Spectrum XLT DFX
Relic_hunter1557 said:
I actually heard of some coins being produced by using shrinking with magnets on Ebay. I'm not so sure if these are the ones and if magnets can even do that but here is the link to a website about it.

http://205.243.100.155/frames/interesting1.html

Enjoy :)
Thanks for the reply and the link Relic_hunter1557 Looks like those have a more detailed finish
I wasn't getting any replies so i started typing words in and after a little searching i found
some on e - bay Item No. 300224724323 nobody's buying I got 3 for 2.00 7 for 4.50
and now i find out :( i'm missing a standing lib, standing quarter, peace dollar, an a morgan
they did'ny have those there oh well ;D

HH 4/DB

OP
OP
Mike in Berks

Mike in Berks

Jun 17, 2007
Detector(s) used
4/DB Spectrum XLT DFX
Cynangyl said:
awww they are adorable! I would have gotten them too...if nothing else just for the novelty of them..add them to a display of the other coins or something. Too cute! ;D
Hi Cynangyl yes novelty - conversation piece the lady made her money (profit) too
i noticed the kids were looking at them....educational hey, thanks for the replies :thumbsup:

HH 4/DB

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
I thought it was illegal to alter good currency?
Baggins

bobr

May 17, 2006
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
It's not illegal to alter money if there is no intent to defraud. Anyway, these aren't altered, they are made this size. There was a link in a reply once on this site, but I can't find it now. If I do, I will put it in here.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
4/DB I saw sets of those coins being sold as a novelty item at almost every coin show. They are not shrunk but reproductions. I saw a packaged set of penny, nickel, dime, quarter and half-dollar all for $1. On the package it said "Small Change" or something funny like "My Inheritance." It is not illegal to copy American coinage as long as it is obviously not legal tender or if the copy says "copy" on it. For example I bought the 1933 standing liberty $20 gold coin (the most valuable coin in existence) that was reproduced by the Franklin Mint but it is stamped "COPY" on one side. I paid 20 bucks for it.

OP
OP
Mike in Berks

Mike in Berks

Jun 17, 2007
Detector(s) used
4/DB Spectrum XLT DFX
thanks for the info scubasalver i think i'll put a little sticker on mine saying "My Inheritance" lol

HH 4/DB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread