CoinStar

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy
I was at lunch with a co-worker today and he was telling me about taking a bag full of pennies to a local store where they have a CoinStar machine. He said that he cashed in about 80.00 worth of pennies. Not thinking too much about it he continued to say it must not have liked the old pennies. Asking him about it further he said is spit out most of the ones that had the wheat leafs on the back. I said What do you mean.....he said he got about 7.00 worth of them back in the coin return....he said there were some from 1918 and the '20's and all the way up. Not sure if I am going to get the wheaties from him or not. Hope I do.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Other than the fact they are no longer made, what do you do with wheat cents? I know they are worth about a nickel apiece if in good shape, but? I have several and they just take up space, so should I be doing something special with them? Confused. Monty.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Save them up for a few years and then post them on e-bay as "GENUINE, FROM AN OLD HORDE WHEATBACK CENTS." ;D

I have scads of them, several thousand. Have no clue about what to do with them, lol! I've already got what i want out of them, there's plenty more there for somebody who has holes to fill in their album. But I can't in all honesty place them on E-bay as unsearched, like most of the scammers out there!

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
same here jeffro...lmao

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread