sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Those are good places to find free silver. I have found about 7 silver dimes and a silver quarter. (Mostly under the machine)

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
Cool! I got my first Coinstar silver dime a few weeks ago. I was starting to wonder about the odds of it....

Congrats

Fmt15

Greenie
Oct 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How do you go about checking under the machine without looking suspicious?

silversearcher9040

Feb 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
unclehuckelberry said:
. . . . and found a 1965 Quarter and a 1964 Dime! First time I've found silver from a coinstar.
Sorry to sound ignorant, but what is the value in the '65 quarter? I searched some quarter rolls the other day, probably found a '65 every couple rolls and and several '65-69s per roll. Pitched them all back in because as I understand their metal value is half of face.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
silversearcher9040 said:
unclehuckelberry said:
. . . . and found a 1965 Quarter and a 1964 Dime! First time I've found silver from a coinstar.
Sorry to sound --deleted--, but what is the value in the '65 quarter? I searched some quarter rolls the other day, probably found a '65 every couple rolls and and several '65-69s per roll. Pitched them all back in because as I understand their metal value is half of face.

He's just probably sayin he got a free quarter

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Fmt15 said:
How do you go about checking under the machine without looking suspicious?

I am young, and people usually ask me if I found treasure under the machine. Only once was I thrown out of the store for doing it.

OP
OP
unclehuckelberry

unclehuckelberry

Feb 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The 65 quarter was in really good shape, but since it's clad and they made 1,819,717,540 that year it's going to the dump bank this weekend.

silversearcher9040

Feb 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh, I gotcha. Well a free quarter is better than no quarter :-)

I am not sure why one of the words from my post, which starts with "ign" and means to not know much, was deleted. Oh well, thanks for the good info in the thread.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions