White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always check the coin star machine. Have found 1 silver rosie and one steel penny. Also clad.

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The problem is that my 7 year old kid always rushes to the machine and gets first what is there. Lol.

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge
The problem is that my 7 year old kid always rushes to the machine and gets first what is there. Lol.

My 9 yr old does that too. The problem was when he found one of those heads I win tails you loose naked lady coins in the reject bin.

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri

My 7 and 8 year race in and generally at least one of them does a Pete Rose-esque slide to check what's under the machine as well. They're having fun so I don't really care but I can tell you the wife finds it none too impressive. We did find a '44-S war nickel the other day in a coinstar. The first war nickel we're ever found.

Nice save on the '64 Rosie. Silver Rosie's have to be the most common find in coinstars. It's also odd that we find a lot of wheat. I have no idea how they get kicked out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread