Coinstar Machines?

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted this same comment on anther thread but I wanted to make one just so I could clear up some confusion. I know to look in the reject chute at coinstar but someone on another forum said to reach up in it and check the magnet for a blockage? Anyone do this before? Also does anyone know if the coin machines at banks have reject trays that they let you check as well because someone said to overload the machine on purpose so the teller has to open it up and then you can see inside it...anyone have any experience with these things?

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The coin machine at my bank you can dump a bag full of mixed coins in and it just sorts right thru them never got stuck once. I never stuck my hand in the reject chute so I don't know if stuff gets stuck there or not, mostly the rejects are spit out into the tray.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The machine at my bank does have a reject tray - spits out foreign coins same as the Coinstar and other counting machines do. Personally I just check out the reject tray - got a whopper this last summer, someone left over $23 in thr tray.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread