The Coinstar drought is OVER!

jcole77

May 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been finding a lot of change in my local Coinstars of late, but no silver, steel cents, or anything of note... Well, today that all changed when I hit up Coinstar #1 at my local CVS store! 8-)
63d64dcoinstar.jpg

agolddigger

Oct 28, 2016
California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Congrats!

I always feel a bit awkward checking it on my way out the door but it's so worth it when you find some AG. In my case the drought is about 2 years :P

JoeDirty

Oct 7, 2016
Denver Colorado
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejón Black with a 5.75 concentric coil,
Tesoro Compadré 5.75 coil, Makro Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you check a coinstar? Is it yours?

Last edited:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Check the Reject Tray Like we All Do Chug

OP
OP
J

jcole77

May 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
How do you check a coinstar? Is it yours?
The reject area of the machine... I have 3 Coinstars near me... One is in a CVS Pharmacy, the others at Ralph's and VONS Supermarkets.

OP
OP
J

jcole77

May 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats!

I always feel a bit awkward checking it on my way out the door but it's so worth it when you find some AG. In my case the drought is about 2 years :P

Funny, I always check on the way in...

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats!

I always feel a bit awkward checking it on my way out the door but it's so worth it when you find some AG.

Yeah, it's funny to check it. A friend of mine did recently and found what would have amounted to a full roll of AG dimes. I'll put up with a little awkward for something like that.

MotherOfGeeks

Apr 26, 2016
Washington
Primary Interest:
Other
I check on the way in and the way out. It usually takes me a couple of hours to shop for the month.

I have never found silver, but I do sometimes get clad coins & some fascinating foreign coins.

OP
OP
J

jcole77

May 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I check on the way in and the way out. It usually takes me a couple of hours to shop for the month.

I have never found silver, but I do sometimes get clad coins & some fascinating foreign coins.

Keep plugging away... odds are you will eventually run into a silver coin...

OP
OP
J

jcole77

May 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
And 5 days later, we found this in Coinstar #3!!!
58ddime41wheatcs.jpg

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Problem is at our store, there are masses of kids who run to the coinstar and instantly check and its so annoying because most kids don't know what they have found. But I have been having luck with the coinstar recently with it being the holiday season, a LOT of people are returning their coins. In the past 3 weeks I have gotten 5 dimes just from the coinstar and 1 silver quarter. Congrats on the find and good luck on the hunt.

Sincerely, Garoulady

OP
OP
J

jcole77

May 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Problem is at our store, there are masses of kids who run to the coinstar and instantly check and its so annoying because most kids don't know what they have found. But I have been having luck with the coinstar recently with it being the holiday season, a LOT of people are returning their coins. In the past 3 weeks I have gotten 5 dimes just from the coinstar and 1 silver quarter. Congrats on the find and good luck on the hunt.

Sincerely, Garoulady

Thank you! And Congrats on the silver quarter!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread